“First Time Fun & Ready to go Again”

Class VI - Mountain River
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Lansing
More attraction details
Owner description: Part of Adventures On The Gorge, an all-inclusive adventure resort located in southern West Virginia offering a wide variety of activities, lodging and dining.
Evansville, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“First Time Fun & Ready to go Again”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband convinced me to go white water rafting & I was very hesitant! ... He booked us for the Lower New which is the milder choice. George (our whole group guide) was very thorough in going over safety and directions on the way to the river. Beware: the bus ride down the mountain to the river may scare you more than the rapids.. :) Our raft guide was Breanna & she was very good at making sure we were prepared for each rapid & we felt comfortable in our positions. In the downtime we just enjoyed the scenery & she talked about the history of the area. At different points we were able to jump out & float down the river. It was a blast even in October! Unfortunately our guide & my husband got thrown out of the raft during a rapid, but we were able to successfully retrieve them. Thanks, to good teamwork & the thoroughness of their instructions. Afterwards, everyone goes to the pub & watches the video of your group rafting. Great time and am hoping to go back when the water is a little warmer! We bought the package which included the rafting, wet suit & 3 meals. We felt like this was a great value & a nice getaway!

Visited October 2012

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Once in lifetime experience!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We went with another couple and none had ever rafted before. Our guide Scott taught a very complete pre trip lesson on safety and techniques. These guys are serious guides that want to be safe and have fun. We had a rescue guide steve that told us funny jokes and kept us laughing. At the end of the trip you can buy a photo and it's worth the 20.00 for the shots of your experience. The only negative is that you are not told what to wear or bring with you so 140.00 later we had the proper equipment. Take water boots neoprene spandex undershirt and pants and a warm hat. You need neoprene gloves also. They only provide wet suit helmet and jacket. Ask for Scott and steve and you will have the time of your life!

1 Thank Wngrl
Virginia Beach, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Excellent Fun”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just went to the Upper Gauley this past weekend and had a blast. It was 48 degrees outside, but with the rental wet suit and jacket and our fantastic guide Joe we had a great time. The air was cold, but the water was actually warm. The trip was so much fun and I would highly recommend it to anyone ready for some excitement, paddling and a ton of fun. The stop off point for lunch was well done and the food was hot and the fire was blazing.

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to do it again!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have rafted several times before and have to say that this was the best trip that I have ever been on. I decided to do the Lower Gauley, as I had friends and family that had never been white water rafting before, and let me tell you it did not disappoint! Our guide Aaron T. was the absolute BEST and the other guides (Ark, Teddy, Dennis, Eric, & Bruce) made a great impression! The views were amazing, the white water was thrilling and the lunch was a nice surprise!

I really can't wait to come back and do the Upper/Lower Gauley Marathon next year. I will definitely be using Class VI as my outfitter!

Visited September 2012
Hanover, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Traveled with Class VI for my first rafting trip down the Lower Gauley one day and Upper Gualey the next.
Ki was our guide and he was excellent, to call him a guide is an understatement.
Historian, navigator, comic and more.
Lunch was provided for the first days trip and was good.
Chicken breast, hamburgs, hotdogs and kraut, mashed potatoes, brownies, drinks and more.
We had a great time and already reserved our time and trip for next year.
Loves the equipment, definately not bailing my boat after rapids, like other outfitters were doing!
Counting down the days until next trip.

Visited September 2012