“Enjoyed with Giraffee”

Hovatter's Wildlife Zoo
Reviewed July 31, 2013

you can pet and feed food to Giraffee and few animals. There are white tiger and bengal tiger too. Also few bears. There are 3 wolves.

1  Thank Hazel C

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was shocked when I went to this zoo. Most the animals are kept in small concrete cages. They had old toddler toys to play with and cheap tubes to drop your food in for the animals. The panthers were pacing and seemed very stressed. My house cat has more room then these large cats. The only escape they had from the public was a plastic dog house! I felt horrible being there and depressed thinking about it now.

9  Thank LeeWV
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a completely different experience from a huge zoo like Columbus or Pittsburgh. The selection of animals is smaller, as are some of the enclosure sizes, but everyone appeared to be well cared for. When you walk around the animals pay attention (expecting snacks), and it feels like a one-on-one moment with each animal. Where else can you touch a giraffe, hand a raccoon a snack, or feed a bear? Kids of all ages were having a great time feeding the animals or watching the chimps play. And if you don't melt a little touching a pot-bellied pig, you might not have a soul.

2  Thank LocalFoodie_13
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I took my son here for a nice day trip. When we got there the smell was overwhelming and made you start gagging instantly. Since we were already there, we decided to stay and go into the zoo. You enter and exit through a gift shop and was rather unorganized. They hassle you to buy food for the animals but every other zoo I have been to says do not feed the animals.

The animals didn't look good at all. The enclosures were covered in feces and the animals were walking it in and sitting in it. It looked like they had not cleaned them in weeks. Their camel was going bald and looked very sickly. They had a bear that was extremely overweight that could barely walk. Im not sure if you have to have animals in a certain cage size but to me the cages were really small and looked like the animals had no room to move around and be comfortable. They had several lions in a cage that clearly was to small and they were fighting each other pretty bad.

Overall, this place was small, unorganized, filthy, and had extremely small enclosures. I will not be back. Next time I will drive the additional hour and go to Pittsburgh Zoo.

27  Thank Heather82888