“Friendly”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Keyser
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travel alot with the type of business I am in,usually don't write reveiws, But this place is the most outstanding place I have stayed in a great while. The staff will bend over backwards to help you with anything you need. I would recomend this motel to everyone. Thanks Minnie

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Microtel by Wyndham in Keyser WV. It was a pleasure to have your group here while working in the area. We are also glad to here that we were able to take care of you and your co workers. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a nice hotel. Large clean rooms, friendly helpful staff. Clean and well kept. Beds are very comfortable. The hotel was quiet and we got a great nights sleep. It was very hot and they don't have a pool. Too bad, a swim after a long day on the bike would have been nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn & Suites Keyser WV, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Also, thanks for taking the time to review and update some pictures of our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the beds, and rested well in our clean and comfortable surroundings. Unforunately we do not have a pool, but there is a outdoor pool in Keyser only minutes from the hotel, at a minimal cost. Again, thanks for taking the time to rate your stay, and we hope to see you again at the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our room was near the side door so we heard some noise, but once asleep, stayed asleep due to the comfortable beds. Window seat affords generous space for luggage. Wall thermostat kept room temp comfortable. (Left early, so didn't utilize the continental breakfast.) Front desk was very accomodating by checking us in early, allowing us to return late and go straight to our room. Overall, a very good stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn & Suites in Keyser WV. We want to thank you for taking the time to rate your stay. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay and slept well. We receive many compliments on our bedding. Also, if rooms are available, we are glad to get you into a room upon arrival, as we know many of our guests have traveled several hours to get to our location. Again, thanks from the staff and management of the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights on a company visit to the Luke MD paper mill. I ended up falling in love with this area of the country. The people are so friendly, the scenery is beautiful. The hotel staff if great! The rooms are small (Duh its called Microtel!) but they have everything in it that you need, and they don't feel restricting. The hotel is only like 2 years old so its in great shape. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Mineral County except this wonderful little hotel.

Room Tip: Every room is a good room. There appear to be no distractors on any part of this hotel. Rest easy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Keyser WV. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are only minutes from New Page in Luke MD, and have many guest use our hotel that visit the paper mill.

As far as the rooms with one queen bed, they are smaller than the rooms with two queen beds and our suites, which come furnished with one gueen bed and a pull out sofa. All rooms come furnished with a microwave and small refrigerator.

Again, we want to thank you for taking the time to rate your stay, as well as choosing the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We recently stayed at the Microtel for 2 nights while our house was without power from a storm. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We were able to bring our dogs (for a fee) which was essential for us. The rooms are immaculate with no chips in paint on the walls. This shows the pride they have in caring for the hotel. They offer a very nice breakfast with several hot items (eggs, breakfast meats, sausage gravy), waffles, various breads, muffins, danish, yogurt, cereals, milk, juice, coffee, etc. One night we asked if there was coffee available in the lobby and the desk clerk promptly made a fresh pot for us. Those are the little touches that mean a lot. The bed was extremely comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. The window seats in each room are a very nice touch. There is more than ample parking. The only small negative that we found was there is no grassy area around the hotel for dog walking. This would be a nice addition since it is a pet-friendly hotel. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Keyser area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV. We are glad that we could service you in your time of need. We pride ourselves in taking care of our guests to the best of our ability, and we are glad we can offer an expanded breakfast, with at least two hot items as well as being a pet friendly hotel. Again, we thank you for your comments, and hope with can be of service to you and/or your family and friends in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had a totally great experiencs at the Microtel in Keyser. It was very clean. It was quiet in the evening. The front desk and all employees were very helpful and kind. I will alway stay there when I return to Keyser!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn & Suite in Keyser WV. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and provided information that we can share with our staff. We pride ourselves in providing a clean and comfortable surroundings as well as provide that home away from home atomsphere. Thanks again from the team from the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed over the Memorial Day weekend whilst attending Delfest. It's a bit away from everywhere but that's the main reason I chose it. It took about 30 mins to get into Cumberland MD.

It's south of town, just past WalMart but the GPS couldn't recognise the road as it looks fairly new. It's on top of a slight incline and well away from the main road so it's nice and quiet.

The breakfast was good enough, plenty for meat-eaters, slightly less for veggies (especially those of us who don't like eggs) but enough of a choice, with one exception (see below).

The staff were friendly and helpful. They fixed a problem with the in-room safe quickly. The rooms were clean and quiet (I was on the ground floor) and the bed was comfy. I'm used to Microtel and can say that this was one of the best I've stayed in.

Now the negatives, as I put on the Microtel internal survey I completed - the wifi was chronically slow, so much so I didn't try to use it for 2 of the 4 days I stayed and one of the other days, I gave up after a half hour of trying to get a connection. The maid staff were a bit too keen, turning up just after 08:30 to want access to the room. I'm not a late sleeper but that's too early for me! Lastly, the decaf coffee in the breakfast area was, at best, tepid every day. I assume one carafe was made at 06:30 and just left there. Luckily, I made sure I had enough hot coffee in my room.

These were only small issues and didn't detract too much from my stay. Overall I was well enough pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your most recent comments concerning your stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Keyser WV. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are delighted to hear that you like Microtel brand and our hotel as one of your top choices. We are also glad you enjoyed our expanded breakfast that includes two hot items daily, and that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. We also want to thank you for addressing your concerns, so that we can review with our staff, and make the Microtel Inn and Suites Keyser WV the best place for all travelers to choose in the future. Thanks again, from the staff and management of the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keyser
The Lodges at Sunset Village
Hampton Inn Frostburg
#1 of 6 in Frostburg
Best Western Braddock Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Frostburg

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser? Share your experiences!