“Wonderful Place to Stay”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Keyser
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We recently stayed at the Microtel for 2 nights while our house was without power from a storm. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We were able to bring our dogs (for a fee) which was essential for us. The rooms are immaculate with no chips in paint on the walls. This shows the pride they have in caring for the hotel. They offer a very nice breakfast with several hot items (eggs, breakfast meats, sausage gravy), waffles, various breads, muffins, danish, yogurt, cereals, milk, juice, coffee, etc. One night we asked if there was coffee available in the lobby and the desk clerk promptly made a fresh pot for us. Those are the little touches that mean a lot. The bed was extremely comfortable and the hotel was very quiet. The window seats in each room are a very nice touch. There is more than ample parking. The only small negative that we found was there is no grassy area around the hotel for dog walking. This would be a nice addition since it is a pet-friendly hotel. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Keyser area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV. We are glad that we could service you in your time of need. We pride ourselves in taking care of our guests to the best of our ability, and we are glad we can offer an expanded breakfast, with at least two hot items as well as being a pet friendly hotel. Again, we thank you for your comments, and hope with can be of service to you and/or your family and friends in the future.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had a totally great experiencs at the Microtel in Keyser. It was very clean. It was quiet in the evening. The front desk and all employees were very helpful and kind. I will alway stay there when I return to Keyser!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn & Suite in Keyser WV. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and provided information that we can share with our staff. We pride ourselves in providing a clean and comfortable surroundings as well as provide that home away from home atomsphere. Thanks again from the team from the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed over the Memorial Day weekend whilst attending Delfest. It's a bit away from everywhere but that's the main reason I chose it. It took about 30 mins to get into Cumberland MD.

It's south of town, just past WalMart but the GPS couldn't recognise the road as it looks fairly new. It's on top of a slight incline and well away from the main road so it's nice and quiet.

The breakfast was good enough, plenty for meat-eaters, slightly less for veggies (especially those of us who don't like eggs) but enough of a choice, with one exception (see below).

The staff were friendly and helpful. They fixed a problem with the in-room safe quickly. The rooms were clean and quiet (I was on the ground floor) and the bed was comfy. I'm used to Microtel and can say that this was one of the best I've stayed in.

Now the negatives, as I put on the Microtel internal survey I completed - the wifi was chronically slow, so much so I didn't try to use it for 2 of the 4 days I stayed and one of the other days, I gave up after a half hour of trying to get a connection. The maid staff were a bit too keen, turning up just after 08:30 to want access to the room. I'm not a late sleeper but that's too early for me! Lastly, the decaf coffee in the breakfast area was, at best, tepid every day. I assume one carafe was made at 06:30 and just left there. Luckily, I made sure I had enough hot coffee in my room.

These were only small issues and didn't detract too much from my stay. Overall I was well enough pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your most recent comments concerning your stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Keyser WV. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are delighted to hear that you like Microtel brand and our hotel as one of your top choices. We are also glad you enjoyed our expanded breakfast that includes two hot items daily, and that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. We also want to thank you for addressing your concerns, so that we can review with our staff, and make the Microtel Inn and Suites Keyser WV the best place for all travelers to choose in the future. Thanks again, from the staff and management of the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have business in Keyser. This may be the nicest Microtel that I have ever stayed in. I travel every week, too. Not like the tipical Microtels. The rooms are huge in carparison! Newer hotel. Everything was clean and the breakfast was good. Eggs, bacon, biscuits w/ gravy. Staff was nice. The only drawback is, the walls seems to carry sound easily. Make sure you request the top floor, and you won't hear the footsteps.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MBHD1
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn & Suites in Keyser. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are glad to see that you enjoyed our expanded hot breakfast which includes rotating egg and meat products. We are also proud of our newest award as one of the top 20 Microtel Inn & Suites. Again, thank you for taking the time to rate your stay, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

My son is attending PSC, so I have stayed here several times in the past year and a half. The hotel is new so everything is very fresh. The rooms, hallways and lobby area are always quite clean - I think the staff does a great job and is always friendly. Location is convenient with Walmart within walking distance and a few nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room - all rooms have nice tv's, refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 304-597-1400.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

A very friendly staff, very nice rooms , exceptionally clean and neat, an excercise room,

off the highway , nice and quiet.,

A Walmart within walking distance

If you're in the Keyser area , I highly recommend this motel for business or a family stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
GM-Keyser, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We also wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as well as the Keyser area. We hope to see you again during the upcoming year as you can enjoy the many attractions in and around the Keyser WV area. Thanks again, from the staff and management of the Microtel Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed here the 2nd weeked in March while visiting family in the area. The clerk who checked us in was very friendly, accomodating, and personable. The woman who checked us out was not the opposite exactly just dull.

We had a very pleasant stay and found the rooms cozy and comfortable. We were entertained by a group of young college baseball players that filled the common rooms with banter and laughter. We thought it might be a problem if they were noisy while we were trying to sleep but they weren't a problem at all.

The staff however was just the opposite. They went in and out of rooms that Sunday morning letting the doors slam one after another. They held loud conversations with each other that spanned the hallway. I am also quite certain at least one of them is smoking in the employee "closet". There was a strong odor of tobacco smoke in that third floor hallway on at least two occasions through the weekend. I had an early breakfast as I am a light sleeper and an early riser. My breakfast was good and plentiful. My fiancé however slept in (don’t ask me how!) and got what was left after the baseball team ate. I think he said he had toast and coffee.

Overall it was a nice place for a quick stay but in my opinion management needs to manage the employees a little tighter and teach them how to be hotel employees and take care of guests!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-Keyser, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2012

Thank you for your recent comments concerning your stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites Keyser WV. We are glad that you found are rooms to be clean and comfortable and that the group that was staying with us was considerate to other guests. We are sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfing because of the smell of smoke and noise. Please know that these issues will be addressed with the staff so that we can make your next trip much more enjoyable. Thanks again for choosing the Microtel Inn & Suites, Keyser WV.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keyser
The Lodges at Sunset Village
#2 of 2 in Grantsville
Gunter Hotel
Gunter Hotel
#2 of 6 in Frostburg

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Keyser? Share your experiences!