“good for the money”
Review of Keyser Inn

Keyser Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Keyser
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The rooms have been updated and were clean and well appointed. This is not a luxury hotel but a good place for a nite or two. The cost is excellent and there is a continental breakfast.
Check in was easy and the room was sufficient.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rmstitely

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been staying here several times a year for the past few years and on my last two trips I have noticed a decline in cleanliness and customer service. On March 29th after a 5 hour drive and getting in late from visiting family we checked in tired and ready for bed. After checking in, doing my bedbug check, unpacking and and getting changed for bed Kelly moved the night stand and found an old coke can and candy wrapper covered in dust. We then went to lay down and found what appeared to be a blood stain on a pillow case we pulled from the other bed. We later found what appears to be a blood stain on the sheet of the other bed. We exchanged the pillow for a new one and waited until morning to say something about the trash. There was no apology for the pillow case and we were given the same pillow back.
The night was quiet and we slept fair.
The next morning on our way out I stopped at the front desk and told the staff about the trash and asked if they would please pick it up and vacuum. The woman's body language and language was that of she didn't really care. Again no apology was offered and she followed with a list of things I should have done. Like asking to change rooms when we were already unpacked and ready for bed. She was not pleasant to deal with and showed no ownership of the problem.
March 30th we returned around 930 tired and ready for sleep. We checked and the trash was gone but they did not vacuum. We went to bed around ten. We were woken at midnight by the alarm clock going off. We had not set the alarm and in all my stays it has never gone off. I believe the individual cleaning the room must have set it as we had not touched it during our stay.
I angrily expressed my outrage to the front desk that night and was again met with indifference.
We were suppose to stay another night but checked out Easter morning and found another hotel. I highly doubt I will stay at the Keyser Inn again.
Btw if you don't know blood specs on sheets and pillow case is a sign of bed bugs. They had bed bug covers installed improperly as well.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before paying or getting comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank notadrone
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice, clean and roomy inn. The rooms are quiet EXCEPT for the heating/cooling unit, which cycled between quiet and loud. I always have earplugs but they were not enough to drown out this noise, so I ended up turning it off and opening the window. This will not bother normal sleepers, but light sleepers beware!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beentheredonethat46
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We've stayed in many places in this price range and higher. This Inn is a supervalue, especially with AAA discount. We will be in Keyser again in May and will definately stay here.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank odatsandi
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I return every hunting season the the Keyser Inn. The rooms are very clean, Front desk employees are a huge help,and I love the breakfast bar too.I notice improvements and updates every year. The rates are good here to. Special thanks to Pat who is always friendly and helpful and makes those wake-up calls personally.See you next year!

Room Tip: All good, great Sheetz store next to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank David E
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My stay there was very pleasant and quiet. (I over heard the desk clerk say they only had 2 rooms available the night I stayed!) The place is very clean and neat unlike most places I've stayed in and very affordable. If you travel with pets, for a $25.00 fee, they can room with you!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JasperS668
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This is a nice place to stay for a night or two weather you are traveling on business or pleasure. The rooms are cheap. Plus, they offer a handicapped accessible room on the first floor.

Room Tip: They also have a continental breakfast.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jeff1970
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keyser
Best Western Braddock Inn
18 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 5 in LaVale

Been to Keyser Inn? Share your experiences!