“If the price is right” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inwood
Atlanta, Georgia
“If the price is right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This Hampton Inn is just below average for expectations of the "Hampton" quality. The decor and room amenities are right on par with what you would expect from a "Hampton Inn." However, the staff and breakfast food quality need some attention. The staff was pleasant but did not seem to go out of their way for the guests. In fact it was very rare to even see anyone at the front desk. The breakfast food was of poor quality and was not fresh. I will probably not stay at this Hampton Inn again but if the price is right, who knows...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Melanie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg South - Inwood, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you had some inconveniences with our staff and breakfast quality. Your feedback is incredibly important to us, in fact, I have taken your comments into consideration and we are currently looking at different options to increase the selection of items for our breakfast menu. In regards to the staff I truly apologize if you did not feel that you received the attention you deserved. I can assure you that our main priority is making our guests feel welcome and well attended. Again, I apologize if you had any inconveniences during your stay with us and hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Melanie Manuel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Waterford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I traveled to WV for work and had to stay here for 17 days. At first I was extremely reluctant to stay at another Hampton Inn do to a very bad experience I had many years ago. I told myself that I would never stay at another Hampton Inn but I work reserved the rooms and I had to go. I am soooo happy that I ended up having to stay here. I have never been more pleased with a hotel then I was with this one. The staff were extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The quality and comfort of my room far past any of my expectations!! I would without a doubt recommend this hotel to anyone! I am now once again a firm believer in the Hampton Inn! They have definitely made it to the top of my list as a first choice when I travel! Thank you Hampton Inn for treating me like family and taking care of me while I was away from home!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Melanie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Martinsburg South - Inwood, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! I am glad that you had a wonderful experience at our property! I am glad that the Hampton Inn Inwood staff restored your faith in the Hampton Inn Brand. I hope that you will come back to stay with us again.

Melanie Manuel
Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had a overnight business trip and stayed here. The staff was very friendly and helpful - suggested several places to eat and more importantly where to avoid. It's right off the I-81 exit and easy to find. The room was clean and the bed was, as always with Hilton properties, very nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at this property for one night while in the area on business. Having previously stayed at the Hampton in Martinsburg and having road noise challenges there, I chose to try this property.

The Hampton Inwood is located adjacent to I-81, just east of the interstate. It is located in a commercialized area with some fast food options adjacent. One must drive to reach a restaurant offering table service.

The exterior of the property is clean, well lit and in good repair. Parking is adequate for the size of the property.

The lobby area is clean and attractive. The obligatory Hampton "round the clock coffee" was available. Check-in was flawless and the desk clerk was polite and helpful.

Elevator service was prompt and cab interiors were noted to be clean and well maintained. Interior hallways were clean, neat and well lit.

The sleeping area and bath were noted to be of the typical Hampton "look", although the room size was larger than average. All areas were clean, furnishings were in good repair and all electrical items worked as advertised. Internet service was of moderately high speed with no drops. Bath amenities were typical for the chain. Staying on the east side of the building, road noise was a non-issue.

Breakfast was the Hampton standard. Staff members in the breakfast area were cheery and helpful and all food products were constantly stocked and refreshed.

Check-out was a prompt affair. I was thanked for my business and invited back. All room charges were found to be appropriate.

As noted in the title, this is a solid Hampton. I would not hesitate to stay here in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cburley
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This Hampton had all that we needed for a 2-night stay in the area. The bed was very comfortable. Hard to find great pillows these days so they were appreciated. Nice, clean rooms. The staff was friendly. Only thing that wasn't great was that the traffic noise from the road/highway was a bit loud.

Room Tip: Consider asking for a room on the back side of the hotel. Perhaps it will cut down on the traffic no...