“Good Value”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inwood
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Value”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This Hampton is a true "could be worse" experience. There are no frills, but the rooms are clean and large enough. Service is solid. There aren't an infinite number of options in the area. This one is good enough.

Room Tip: All rooms are effectively the same.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FPodesta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Our family stayed here for five nights while we visited DC and Harpers Ferry. The staff was very nice! Check in and check out went very smoothly. The room was very clean, had everything we needed (coffee maker, hair dryer, fridge, micro), was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was good and there were always fresh apples in the lobby (which my kids loved!) The location was great...less than 30 minutes to Harpers Ferry and about 30 minutes to the Metro station which goes directly into DC. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Grove City
Reviewed August 12, 2011

From the front desk, to housekeeping, to breakfast attendant - a guest is always treated to a smiling face and an accomodating personality. I travel frequently and this is one of my favorite hotels. Morgan...You are the best!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank John D
Miami Beach
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I love Hampton Inn and stay in them whenever I travel but I was disappointed in this one. I have never stayed in a Hampton Inn with no Wifi in the rooms so I didn't think to ask. after checking in I called the front desk to ask about the access code and the night manager informed me that there was none. She couldn't have cared less and seemed like she wanted to get me off the phone. Just not the care or consistency I am accustomed to at these hotels. Next time I will stay 7 miles up the road at the Hampton Inn in Martinsburg. 8/10/11

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravellerSav
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We wanted a place to spend the night near Harpers Ferry. The options for hotels and not B&Bs near Harpers Ferry are pretty slim and pretty grim. I suggested to my friend that we take the extra 1/2-hour drive and try this Hampton Inn.

I admit, I was a bit concerned when we showed up and saw a shuttle for "Vixens" nightclub at the door. There were also a large number of Direct TV vans outside, which was just odd. Once we got through the door, though, the lobby was standard Hampton Inn. The guy checking us in was nice and efficient, and even asked if the 1st floor was okay (it wasn't, so he found us a higher one).

The room was also standard and in good shape. Our double bed room (2 doubles) had a fridge and microwave which could come in handy and all the other standard accoutrements. The water pressure was a bit lacking, though.

For whatever reason, we didn't get a great sleep. That can happen anywhere, but in this case, it could have been the people partying nearby. We didn't alert the management to this, and I certainly don't fault them for it!

We had the complimentary breakfast, and it was your standard spread--we had a fresh made waffle and a few other things on the side. The eggs were out by the time I got there. I'm not sure what time they end, but we made it there at the tail end, and I remember feeling it was early. So, ask when you check in.

As others mentioned, the surroundings are not bucolic or charming. It is your standard "off-Interstate" location. It IS convenient for people on the road--there are several fast food restaurants nearby as well as a shopping center with a grocery store. Two major drugstores are also nearby (though closed when we drove in around 10). And, hey, Vixens picks you up! :) Once I saw the offerings in Harpers Ferry, I was really glad I had decided to book here. It really is one of the best options. If you want something to do at night, Charles Town casino/racetrack is midway between Harpers Ferry and there. All in all, it was as I expected!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Depew, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stopped on the way from the Outer Banks. wanted to visit Charles Town Casino. The Holiday Inn was full near the Casino It was also way overpriced compared to last year. The Hampton Inn was nearby it was reasonably priced and had one of the best free breakfast buffet that I had.

Room Tip: check the West Virginia welcome center for the best rate
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Philly
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel property was fine - typical solid Hampton Inn with a clean ,comfortable room and buffet breakfast. Only issue is the location - isolated off an I-81 interchange. For a decent dinner you need to drive north to Martinsburg or south to Virginia - otherwise you'll have to eat fast food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Howard S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inwood
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Hilton Garden Inn Martinsburg
Hilton Garden Inn Martinsburg
#2 of 14 in Martinsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Martinsburg

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsburg South - Inwood? Share your experiences!