“Average Hampton Inn...Decent for short business stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley

Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hurricane
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Average Hampton Inn...Decent for short business stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

Arrived at the Hampton Inn and was greeted by the front desk staff and checked in quickly. The lobby was satisfactory with the "Business Center" near the entry door (see photo). I entered a plain elevator and arrived at room 201. I entered and found the room clean but not spotless. This hotel seems to be a bit dated. Found some dirt on walls and many scuff marks. Inspection of the bathroom revealed some minor mold growth in shower but nothing to get upset over. Nice HD flat screen TV with cable box hookup. Many channels and some in HD with full on screen guide.

HVAC was quiet and cooled the room quickly and did not bother my sleep at all. The hotel was full and was very, very quiet. I heard no exterior noise. The bed was clean and the sheets and comforter smelled fresh. The bed was good and I had no issues sleeping in it.

The breakfast is what you would expect from a Hampton. Nothing fancy, had a good selection of foods and the staff kept it well stocked. The coffee was very, very good. Tasted smoother and less bitter than other Hampton's. Very enjoyable and available 24 hours a day.

Wireless internet was quick and better than expected. Desk chair was comfortable and I was able to work with no issues.

Check out was quick and efficient.

If in the area again this would be my hotel of choice. Not the best Hampton Inn but adequate for business travel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chesterfield, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

My wife and I stopped-over in Teays Valley, WV on a long weekend trip. We stayed at the Hampton Inn and were given an excellent rate. There is a Shoney's next door and a gas station in front. The staff was friendly and the room was well appointed and clean. An excellent hot breakfast was included on our morning of departure. I would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to the weary traveler.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Indy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed here while visiting family in the area. The hotel is nice, staff friendly, child friendly and had a $20 military discount. My only complaint is the trash had not been emptied from previous people (which always makes you think did they clean the room at all? but I am sure it was an oversight) and the rooms were a bit small to try to fit a playpen in. The beds were very comfy and breakfast was good and had toddler friendly food! I plan on staying here again next month and would recommend to others. Plenty of resturants and stores near by. Has indoor pool but we did not try it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2009

We needed a good stopping place overnight from Ohio to our home in Virginia. A few days prior I had logged onto trip advisor after we had traveled out here and scoped out which exits would be convient for us. We arrived almost at midnight and the clerk at the desk had our key ready for us. The room spelled fresh and clean, and when woke up I was able to notice that it was as clean as it smelled. Breakfast offered a ton of variety - including Lucky Charms and yogurt for the kids and Danishes, breakfast meats and oatmeal for the adults. I loved that they had hot chocolate in addition to three types of coffee since I do not drink the stuff. The staff was friendly. I absolutely would stay here again. It is super convienent too
to the new Rt. 35 exit on I-64.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

I was traveling from Florida with my disabled mother, sister and two teenagers.We stayed at this location for a week. From the moment we checked in the staff was more than helpful and VERY accommodating. One night we sat down in the lobby using the table for a photo frame we were working on. The lady at the desk was helpful with things like scissors, tape etc. This was really over and beyond the call of duty. The breakfast was good and fresh. Extra blankets, towels.. no problem. Be sure to stop by the front desk for the travel snack bags. My kids took one every day and the front desk even threw in a couple extra bottles of water because it was a hot day. I will return to this location when I go back to W.va.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Youngstown, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

Check-in was quick easy. Upon check-in, there were cookies, hot chocolate, coffee, and tea available. Room was clean and comfortable.

Nice variety for a free breakfast...hot biscuits, eggs, cold cereals, toast, bagels, pastries, yogurts, and juices.

Would stay here again on our way through town.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Williamstown, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2009

My wife and I booked this room at the last minute on a whim to go gambling at the dog track. When we got there to check in at ~ 5:00 PM on the 14th, the woman at the desk was very friendly and helpful. We asked about local resaurants and she told us what was close by. After an evening at the track, we got back to our room ~ midnight. We turned on the room heat to warm the room a bit and the heater chirped like a bird, and wouldn't stop. So, after the room heated up a little, we just turned it off. I'm glad that we didn't need it all night. We also discovered a problem with our bed comforter. I called the front desk and explained the situation to the clerk and he brought us up a (not washed, but a NEW) replacement comforter.
The room overall was very nice. Our kingsize bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was vey good and the staff was very good. We mentioned our little problems to the day clerk who said that the night clerk had noted the linen problem, but that he would note the heater noise also and appoligized for that.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#1 of 3 in South Charleston

Been to Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley? Share your experiences!