“Would Stay Here Again”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hurricane
Youngstown, Ohio
“Would Stay Here Again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2009

Check-in was quick easy. Upon check-in, there were cookies, hot chocolate, coffee, and tea available. Room was clean and comfortable.

Nice variety for a free breakfast...hot biscuits, eggs, cold cereals, toast, bagels, pastries, yogurts, and juices.

Would stay here again on our way through town.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Williamstown, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2009

My wife and I booked this room at the last minute on a whim to go gambling at the dog track. When we got there to check in at ~ 5:00 PM on the 14th, the woman at the desk was very friendly and helpful. We asked about local resaurants and she told us what was close by. After an evening at the track, we got back to our room ~ midnight. We turned on the room heat to warm the room a bit and the heater chirped like a bird, and wouldn't stop. So, after the room heated up a little, we just turned it off. I'm glad that we didn't need it all night. We also discovered a problem with our bed comforter. I called the front desk and explained the situation to the clerk and he brought us up a (not washed, but a NEW) replacement comforter.
The room overall was very nice. Our kingsize bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was vey good and the staff was very good. We mentioned our little problems to the day clerk who said that the night clerk had noted the linen problem, but that he would note the heater noise also and appoligized for that.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
thefbi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

The front desk was so busy visiting when I checked in that I felt like an intruder bothering the clerk. I always request ground floor close to the Internet hub. I am a business traveler and the most important thing to me is taking advantage of the evening to do my work. I was put on the third floor as far from the center of the motel as possible. My Internet connection was so slow I thought I was on dial up. The breakfast bar appeared to be stocked by the country singer "Slim Pickens". The nasty makings of a breakfast burrito, biscuits ... northing to go on them just biscuits.

As a business traveler, I am looking for a place to work, a clean room and hospitality. The room was clean so they didn’t get three strikes but two ain’t no home run.

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express the week before and it is pretty much a tie. Keep driving if you can cause the dining in the area isn't much either.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Green Valley, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2004

Room cleaned on time, continental breakfast had good variety, and the staff was friendly and very helpful with directions and suggestions for restaurants. Very good value for the money. Will stay here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Cross Lanes
Holiday Inn Express Cross Lanes
Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane
Mardi Gras Casino & Resort
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge

Been to Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley? Share your experiences!