Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
American Inn(Hurricane)
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites(Cross Lanes)
View Hotel
All reviewswould stay here againroom was cleangreat place to staybusiness travelthe breakfast areaeasy accessoff the highwaylong tripwithin walking distanceoatmealair conditionerpleasant staycookiesnext morningoutdoor poolwest virginiagas station
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

We found this hotel to be clean and the location was perfect. I especially loved the note in our room indicating the duvet was freshly laundered. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We would recommend this place to our friends and would stay here again if we were in the area. The hotel was very quiet even though it appeared to be full.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've found that Hampton Inns are pretty consistent with respect to quality/comfort of the rooms and hotel in general, and this hotel was no exception. The room was well equipped with a flat screen tv, microwave and mini-fridge. The furnishings, linens, and mattress, were good quality. The free breakfast was also above average for a non luxury hotel, with a respectable selection of hot and cold items.

The hotel was full due to an extensive power outage caused by a storm system in the area a few days earlier. However, the hotel was still quiet, and the breakfast area was not overcrowded.

We would return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wx-man93
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton June 1st. and checked out June 2nd. While we were at breakfast for 45 minutes our Kindle Fire was stolen from our room behind a locked door! We reported it to the front desk and that was as far as it went! After traveling home for 5 hrs we found out our camera had been stolen too! I called and reported that also and that was as far as that went too! I have talked to Eric Wilson the GM one time and he said he would take care of us but that was the end of that too! I have e-mailed him many times and no response from anyone! I called him and left a message but no response to that either! There was a security problem and they don't want to check it out. It's very upsetting to us and it ruined our weekend with our grandson that had just graduated from high school! Betty from Ohio

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Be67
Reviewed July 5, 2012

As a traveler who spends over 100 nights a year at Hilton properties, I have had my share of travel nightmares. Recently, I was caught in the storm that swept through the midwest at this hotel. My rating is not based on the weather, but the staff response to the crisis. The morning after the storm (the whole night without power) 4-5 employees were sitting in breakfast area and I asked what they were doing to help the guests. The response was - "we can't do anything until the power comes back on." To that I went out on my own and found coffee and food two miles from the hotel. Also, the emergency lights in the stairs had lost battery power and we were left on our own to haul luggage down the stairs in the dark. I get to the bottom of the steps and they are still just sitting around. When I was asked to tell Hilton about my stay, I explained my disappointment and asked that someone call me so I could explain. I received an email from the GM, Eric Wilson, who equated my disappointment to the lack of power. After speaking to Eric, he was admittedly condescending and sarcastic about my suggested ways to improve service in a crisis. He can not control the weather but he is responsible for his team's reaction. I am very disappointed that he did not take my requests seriously (nor listen to them all) and wanted to debate my experience.

I am always impressed with teams that rise above their circumstances to continue to deliver exceptional service. Unfortunately, I did not see it from this Hampton Inn nor do I expect to see it in the future based on the GM's response to a Hilton Diamond member's suggestion for improved service. Either way, I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank tblyh
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This hotel is very well maintained. The staff was efficient and friendly; the room was immaculate, especially the bathroom. Having a small refrigerator in the room was a plus. The beds and pillows were comfortable. We will stay here again when we have the opportunity to be in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends