“Overpriced!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hurricane
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Overpriced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

While the hotel was clean and had a decent location. A price of $115.00 for a night is way over-priced for the location and service provided. I should have gone to the other side of the interstate. The heat did not cycle also.

Room Tip: Go to other properties
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear DLEHMAN230,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. I am pleased to know that our location suited your needs and you find our hotel clean. As for the rates, we provide a competitive rates in the area. It is not our intent to inconvenient our guests instead provide rate options that make sense. Nevertheless, your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
South Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Our reservation for a jacuzzi suite got screwed up, but helpful staff booked us into a very pleasant king suite - lots of extra room, included micro and mini-fridge. The room was clean and quiet, the bed was the best I've ever slept in any hotel, entire property was clean and well-maintained, staff very friendly and pleasant, breakfast was great - did not use the pool/jacuzzi, but inside and saw staff maintaining them the next morning. Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Our room faced the back of the property - might be a plus for quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank stenowriter
Kokomo, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice stopover on our way home from the beach. It was a little over priced at $104 a night was a "weekend special" price. The room and bathroom were clean and the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in a hotel. We stayed in a king room and there was plenty of room to walk around. The breakfast was good with a cool pancake machine. The pancakes weren't the best tasting but the machine was really cool! The front desk clerks were helpful and friendly at check-in and check-out. It was close to restaurants across the street.

We would stay again if we are ever in the area.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

This hotel is located right off the I-64 interstate in Putnam County - about half way between Charleston and Huntington. In this area, this is probably the best hotel around if you are looking for accommodations. If you are wanting something a bit fancier, you will need to stay in downtown Huntington or Charleston. Both times I have stayed here the room has been clean, the pool area was nice, and the breakfast was good. It is close to an Applebee's and some other local restaurants. It's exactly as you'd expect from a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

The room was very clean and the breakfast was good. I made a mistake with the reservation and Tanner went out of his way to help and correct things. the staff goes the extra mile for the customers. I definitely would stay and recommend this property when in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Berea, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I will start by saying we usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Barboursville, but we were attending a wedding in Teays Valley and decided to stay here to be closer to the festivities. The was a terrible storm come through the area on Friday evening and the electric was knocked out. We returned to the room around 10 pm Friday evening and were told there were no other hotels in area that had any rooms available. Well, we had to stay there because we had no where else to go. The room was hot, we had no hot water to shower the next morning and the emergency lights in the hallways and stairwells were not working. I had two children and one of them stumbled going down the stairs and almost fell. The staff was no help at all. On Saturday morning the front desk clerk was not concerned at all that we had no place to stay. I asked if my bill would be reduced, she said no, we would have to talk to a manager. Well, the manager was never around to talk to. I will never stay at this hotel again. I would not recommend anyone stay here. It definately doesn't meet the standards of all the other Holiday Inn hotels I have stayed in. They also charged my credit card for a two night stay and only stayed for a few hours Friday night. I called about this situation this morning and guess waht? The manager is not in. I should have figured that. The Hotel was clean, but the customer service was horrendous.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Montanasky12

Travelers are raving about these Hurricane hotels

Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The hotel itself is good. Nice clean room, pool/whirlpool, continental breakfast with a nice fitness center. Everything I ask for in an overnight stay. Convenient to the highway and food/grocery. However, the hospitality was FANTASTIC. I travel on average of 4 days a week and have yet to come across the hospitality that I encountered at this hotel. I was scrambling to leave for the day and could not locate one of my cell phones. I practically tore the room apart looking for it. I moved furniture, removed all of the sheets from the bed, etc. Still no phone. I was convinced that it was at the bottom of one of my bags, but did not have any more time to search for it. I rushed downstairs and met the lady working the front desk. I told her my situation and asked her that if by some strange chance that my phone was found if she could give me a call. She was very reassuring, Telling me that it would turn up somewhere, and that if they did happen to find it that she would call me and let me know. She took down all of my information and I was on my way. After about an hour and a half drive, my phone rang. It was the lady from the hotel notifying me that the cleaning lady did in fact find my cell phone. I told her that I was too far away to turn around at this point. She said that she would just put it in the mail and send it to my home! She re-confirmed all of my information and said that it would be in the mail within the hour. I was amazed! I could not believe that they had actually found it, and even more surprised that someone turned it in, and they called me to let me know. I was super impressed by these two ladies who helped me get my phone back. These days its refreshing to see the honesty and hospitality that I was shown during my stay here. I will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston
#1 of 3 in South Charleston
Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley? Share your experiences!