“Went To Help My Son Move”

Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hurricane
New Albany, Indiana
“Went To Help My Son Move”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My youngest son and I traveled from Jeffersonville,In to Hurricane,WV to help move my oldest son. Stayed on the ground floor. The room was very comfortable and clean. No road noise and was very easy to find right off the innerstate.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms out back the hotel. Very quiet for sound sleep.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you chose to stay with us while you helped your son move. I agree that we are a clean and quiet hotel for stopovers like yours. I wanted to let you know that we will be undergoing renovations at the end of the year to update the rooms. Thanks again for your business.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We recently experienced a huge thunderstorm at our home in WV, and was without electricity for 6 nights and 5 days. After 3 nights and 2 days without electric, and with temperatures in the high 90's and lower 100's, we decided to stay in a hotel. We made reservations at Red Roof Inn, and was staying on a night to night basis until our electricity came on. The staff was so understanding of our situation. Our stay was very comfortable, and was a great place to call home for 3 nights until our electric came back on. All of the staff was very friendly, and the place was very clean. The hotel was very busy and full each night due to the situation going on in our state. Even with it being full it was still very quiet. The great thing also about this hotel is that it is pet friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us through these difficult times without power. We certainly tried to help as many people as possible and understand everyone was struggling through the outages. Thanks again for your positive comments. These mean a lot to my staff especially having worked a lot of hours recently. We appreciate your business.
Chicago vicinity
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Normally when passing through this area we normally stay at another hotel closer to Charleston, one that has a lot of amenities. But that hotel wasn't an option for this overnight stay and most of the other dog-friendly hotels in this area are downright scary looking. You'd half expect Norman Bates to be working the front desk at some of those places. But Red Roof Inn's are always.... okay, usually reliable. I was satisfied with this property.

The room rate was a good value for this type of property. Our room was clean and nearly everything worked but this particular room hadn't been upgraded and remodeled as I've seen in a lot of other Red Roof Inns. The only in-room issue was the bathroom sink stopper was stuck open (up). Maybe this is becoming a Red Roof trademark since 3 of the last 4 Red Roof Inn's I've stayed at have had the same problem with their sinks!?! But for me its more important that, say, the TV, toliet and door lock all work, which they did in our room. The sink stop ranks pretty low on my list of things to be conerned with.

The area is conviently located near shops and restaurants, though the later are mostly the fast food varities. For an overnight stay, though, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BigTool
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your review. I agree with you that we are clean, and comfortable with friendly people. I wanted to point out that we are scheduled for a renovation later on this year. Hopefully, this will address a number of issues and update the property.

Hurricane, West Virginia
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I checked in May 3rd 2012 I am still here. I moved back from Fl and having a place remodeled. So needed a place to stay until my place is ready. All front desk employees are very kind..Housekeeping has been very helpful and kind. The day I checked in I spotted a bug in my room I told the housekeeper. I got a call from front desk asking if I wanted to move to another room and that room would be treated. I did move to another room and that room was treated as soon as I left it . I have not seen any kind of bug in my new room. My point being with people coming and going as they do in this business that kind of thing will happen. But as soon as I told someone it was taken care of. I feel you can't ask for more than that. This has been a stressful time for me with the move and then finding out how much had to be done to my new place. So I would like to Thank all the employees of the hurricane red roof inn for making it much easier for me :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Kathy G
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you are enjoying your stay with us. We have enjoyed having you here. I'm sorry about the bug in your room, that does occasionally happen since we are an exterior corridor hotel. Bugs do sometimes come in the room whe the door is open. I appreciate your understanding of the situation. Thanks again for you business.

Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter while visiting family in the area. We chose them because of the great price. Boy was that a mistake. The room was dirty, moldy, damp and unsafe. There seemed to be 'residents' of the hotel that sat on the lanais to drink in the evenings. They ogled and were inappropriate to me and my daughter. Never felt so unsafe. And I am sure there are health concerns in the rooms. Avoid!

• Stayed August 2011
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thank you for your review and I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us back in August. We have addressed the cleanliness issues in this room and the housekeepers that previously worked in this section are no longer with us. I'm also sorry if other guests were inappropriate with you and your daughter. We are a very busy hotel and do get some construction workers that stay for a longer period of time working on projects. However, they are normally very respectful towards other guests. My staff is very adept at addressing issues with guests when we are aware of the issue. We most definitely will not tolerate behavior that makes other guests feel unsafe. We want to provide a clean comfortable room with great service in a safe environment.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Jon Campbell, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Hurricane hotels

Oceanside, California
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I was bitten all over from bed bugs and searched the mattress and even found 2 bed bugs ,and this is even after they put new mattresses in the rooms

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank wvabum
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience and that you found a bed bug in the room. This is a huge problem in the hotel industry and we are doing everything possible to eliminate it. The room was treated after you left and further inspections show no evidence of any further activity. We will continue to treat all of our rooms for all types of pest activity. We will continue to strive to provide every guest with a clean, comfortable room with great service at an affordable price.

Thanks for your review and I hope we will see you again.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We travel a lot and found this Red Roof to be a good value and clean (underscored). It was near the Interstate, but we never heard any traffic noise. There were nice places to eat within walking distance. We would stop here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for your review. We do our best to provide a clean comfortable room with friendly service. i'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again for your business.

Jon Campbell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Cross Lanes
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 3 in South Charleston

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane? Share your experiences!