“Still here”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hurricane
Hurricane, West Virginia
“Still here”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I checked in May 3rd 2012 I am still here. I moved back from Fl and having a place remodeled. So needed a place to stay until my place is ready. All front desk employees are very kind..Housekeeping has been very helpful and kind. The day I checked in I spotted a bug in my room I told the housekeeper. I got a call from front desk asking if I wanted to move to another room and that room would be treated. I did move to another room and that room was treated as soon as I left it . I have not seen any kind of bug in my new room. My point being with people coming and going as they do in this business that kind of thing will happen. But as soon as I told someone it was taken care of. I feel you can't ask for more than that. This has been a stressful time for me with the move and then finding out how much had to be done to my new place. So I would like to Thank all the employees of the hurricane red roof inn for making it much easier for me :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Kathy G
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you are enjoying your stay with us. We have enjoyed having you here. I'm sorry about the bug in your room, that does occasionally happen since we are an exterior corridor hotel. Bugs do sometimes come in the room whe the door is open. I appreciate your understanding of the situation. Thanks again for you business.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter while visiting family in the area. We chose them because of the great price. Boy was that a mistake. The room was dirty, moldy, damp and unsafe. There seemed to be 'residents' of the hotel that sat on the lanais to drink in the evenings. They ogled and were inappropriate to me and my daughter. Never felt so unsafe. And I am sure there are health concerns in the rooms. Avoid!

• Stayed August 2011
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thank you for your review and I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us back in August. We have addressed the cleanliness issues in this room and the housekeepers that previously worked in this section are no longer with us. I'm also sorry if other guests were inappropriate with you and your daughter. We are a very busy hotel and do get some construction workers that stay for a longer period of time working on projects. However, they are normally very respectful towards other guests. My staff is very adept at addressing issues with guests when we are aware of the issue. We most definitely will not tolerate behavior that makes other guests feel unsafe. We want to provide a clean comfortable room with great service in a safe environment.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Jon Campbell, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Hurricane hotels

Oceanside, California
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I was bitten all over from bed bugs and searched the mattress and even found 2 bed bugs ,and this is even after they put new mattresses in the rooms

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank wvabum
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience and that you found a bed bug in the room. This is a huge problem in the hotel industry and we are doing everything possible to eliminate it. The room was treated after you left and further inspections show no evidence of any further activity. We will continue to treat all of our rooms for all types of pest activity. We will continue to strive to provide every guest with a clean, comfortable room with great service at an affordable price.

Thanks for your review and I hope we will see you again.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We travel a lot and found this Red Roof to be a good value and clean (underscored). It was near the Interstate, but we never heard any traffic noise. There were nice places to eat within walking distance. We would stop here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for your review. We do our best to provide a clean comfortable room with friendly service. i'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again for your business.

Jon Campbell
medicwizz
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I recently went to Hurricane WV for Business purposes. I wanted to stay in a cheaper hotel for the night previous to my meetings as the company was paying for the rest of the week. This room was very clean , however it was very outdated! The bed was so hard that my back bothered me for the rest of the week. but you only get what you pay for and the price was right at $55.00 a night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that the mattress was too hard for you. We are planning on replacing our mattresses and updating the rooms in the near future,, so hopefully you will try us again soon and enjoy the experience more. i do agree that the rooms are very clean and my staff does work very hard at this. Thanks again fo your review and I hope to see you again soon.

Jon Campbell
GM, Red Roof Inn, Hurricane
Piqua, Ohio
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We checked in at 11 pm the other night. We were exhausted from driving and ready to sleep. The desk attendant was very kind although it seems he was a little confused and not up to date of promotions, discounts, etc. I have an Entertainment book which offers 15% off and he at first told me he could not offer this because they did not "do E Book discounts". I'm glad I had the book with me to show him that they were right in the book, and I had used the discount twice before. After this was resolved, all went great. Until we entered the room. It wasn't the cleanest Redroof I have ever stayed in. No bugs that I noticed, just lots of dust. The worst part was that the air in the room was not really on, just the fan. The humidity in the room made in unbearable. The carpet was soaking wet and the toilet paper just ripped when trying to pull it out. The sheets were miserable. It took a few hours until we were able to fall asleep (when the humidity issues corrected from the ac). If the ac had been on...... the night would have been halfway decent. We fell asleep at approx. 2-3 am. which made driving the next day kind of tough.

Room Tip: If you are staying in summer and pre-booking.... ask that they turn the air on!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you for your review. I will discuss these issues with my staff so that we can get better. I don't know what happened with the air conditioning. Normally, we leave the air on to avoid this type of problem and I'm sorry that this happened in your case. I will also discuss the dust issue with my staff to make sure that we provide clean comfortable rooms to our guests. I do appreciate your business and hopefully next time you stay we will get it all right.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I take frequent trips to WV to visit an ailing family member. I no longer have the option of staying in the family home, so I needed to find a motel that was clean, provided free Wi-FI, and ample room to work. We decided to try this Red Roof Inn, and we were happy with our decision. It met all the criteria above, our room was cleaned and linens refreshed daily, and the bed was comfortable. If you are looking for a scenic location, this is not it, but if you just want a clean room with most amenities, you should give Red Roof a try. We definitely would go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
redroofmanager1, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your kind words and am glad that we have been able to take care of you while you visit your family. Hopefully, we can be part of your extended family while you are here. Thank you for your business and I will pass on your comments to my staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Cross Lanes
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Charleston South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#1 of 3 in South Charleston

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane? Share your experiences!