“Awesome stay”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have been to quality inn twice in month of October, the front desk people receiving and room cleanliness and all the services were fully satisfactory. and finally the breakfast was soo good. had a wonderful stay twice

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have seen some terrible reviews of this place. My experience was not horrible, not very good but not horrible.

The staff was rude, she did take me and show me the room I was going to rent. I told her that since the reviews were so bad I had to see the room before I paid. She did and I was surprised. The two rooms I got were clean and for the price was fine. The bathroom of my first room had some mold and the blankets were old but the mattress was fine, the AC was cold and overall not bad. My second room was better, no mold and decent bedding. Breakfast was worthless and we didn't use it.

My only real complaint was the other quests. Hookers and I am sure druggies. There was always someone somewhere talking or walking, enough that I won't return.

Room Tip: If you are by yourself and don't need something fancy it might work. If you have a family, move...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hatric26
Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were in this area due to a relative being in the hospital. Cobwebs everywhere, curtain rod falling out of wall, minimal cleaning, frayed carpet, room was not stocked properly upon arrival. Fitness room smelled so musty that we had to leave the door open and didn't really feel like we should be breathing the air in it. Fridge and microwave in room a plus. This property is old and needs major remodeling.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Absolutely disgusting! The bedding/mattress was infested!! Dozens of bugs covering the mattress! Owner didn't care whatsoever and said room could not be refunded! Choice hotels corporate didn't care either... I will never stay at another choice hotel and will be cutting their credit card up ASAP!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is one of the older Quality Inns. It was still comfortable and cared for. We stayed five days and were just here to sleep. I felt it could be cleaner. They changed our towels and made the beds but it could have used a vacuuming during the stay. We had to ask for a second bar of soap. Breakfast was the usual items. It was very quiet. The staff were very helpful. When there was a problem, they were quick to take care of it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were driving from North Carolina to Kansas City and had reserved a room. When we arrived at the hotel, it was very old, it seemed empty and I told my husband it was the Bates Hotel. I asked to see our room, and Bobbie gave us the key and said the room was in the back of the hotel. We went to the room, opened the door looked in and left. The bed looked as though someone had been in the bed and the covers were just thrown on the bed. We told the lady, Bobbie we did not want to stay there, and she said she could not cancel my reservation because she did not have the code. She told me to call Choice Hotels to cancel. When I called Choice Hotels, they said no problem. When the lady went into the system, Bobbie had put a note in there not to cancel my reservation, so they could not do it. We went back to the hotel and my husband went in to talk with Bobbie while I talked with Choice Hotel. The lady from Choice Hotel put me on hold and called Bobbie while my husband was still inside, and she said Bobbie would not take the note out of the system. She suggested I call Customer Relations and let them know what was going on. I called and talked with someone, who tried talking with Bobbie to remove the note, but she would not. Choice Hotel informed me they do not have control over the hotels, but if they charge my card, they told me to call back and they would see if they could give me a refund. When I called home several days later to check my messages, Bobbie from the hotel had called and left a message and said she talked with her manager and she cancelled the reservation. I have never had a problem like this with a Choice Hotel. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Nothing was good about the hotel. Sorry
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family