“Very bad customer service, bad location, almost scary” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3325 US 60 E, Huntington, WV 25705 (Formerly Quality Inn Huntington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Raeford, North Carolina
“Very bad customer service, bad location, almost scary”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were driving from North Carolina to Kansas City and had reserved a room. When we arrived at the hotel, it was very old, it seemed empty and I told my husband it was the Bates Hotel. I asked to see our room, and Bobbie gave us the key and said the room was in the back of the hotel. We went to the room, opened the door looked in and left. The bed looked as though someone had been in the bed and the covers were just thrown on the bed. We told the lady, Bobbie we did not want to stay there, and she said she could not cancel my reservation because she did not have the code. She told me to call Choice Hotels to cancel. When I called Choice Hotels, they said no problem. When the lady went into the system, Bobbie had put a note in there not to cancel my reservation, so they could not do it. We went back to the hotel and my husband went in to talk with Bobbie while I talked with Choice Hotel. The lady from Choice Hotel put me on hold and called Bobbie while my husband was still inside, and she said Bobbie would not take the note out of the system. She suggested I call Customer Relations and let them know what was going on. I called and talked with someone, who tried talking with Bobbie to remove the note, but she would not. Choice Hotel informed me they do not have control over the hotels, but if they charge my card, they told me to call back and they would see if they could give me a refund. When I called home several days later to check my messages, Bobbie from the hotel had called and left a message and said she talked with her manager and she cancelled the reservation. I have never had a problem like this with a Choice Hotel. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Nothing was good about the hotel. Sorry
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Halema R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at Quality Inn the end of Feb. The front desk young lady that checked us was wonderful and the rooms were very clean! The beds were wonderful. We do plan on stay again on are next trip through Huntington. Great staff and great stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cadillac, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed here one night in October 2012....We found the room clean and pleasant containing all necessities. Staff was pleasant and breakfast was good. I especially liked the taller than normal bed and commode.. We are seniors and this made it easier for us to use.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We was driving from michigan and my daughter have reserve the room and we end up to this dirty hole do not stay here
Very bad manner desk clerk and manager room was very dirty
Parking lot have beer bottle every where
In short no no no

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Huntington hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stayed here with my husband and they put us in the last room,closest to the road. We heard the roar of cars all night. The ceiling and walls were peeling. Felt that it was a very dirty place. Immediately lysoled everything in the room. I hardly doubt that it is a newly refurbished hotel. Went to the front desk the following day to ask if we could get moved to a different room further away from the room,that was a no can do,so we went and stayed at the Holiday Inn in Barboursville. It cost $80 to stay at Quality Inn and $100 to stay at Holiday Inn. I will pay the extra $20 to be able to stay in a nice and clean hotel rather that Quality Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jess108862005
Annandale, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed here at two different times over 5 days. While it advertises as newly refurbrished, it was far from that. The ceilings were pealing around the edges, tiles, tub, sinks looked tarnished and dirty.

The worst thing was the cigarette burns, cigarette holes, hairs, and yellow stains on the sheets. YUCK. When I mentioned the sheet condition to the desk, she just smiled and said she was trying to get the management to change housekeeping staff for a long time. Well, I'll cross this QI off my list for the 3-5 trips a year that I pass through this area.

If I was in the mood for a confrontation, I would have asked for a refund, but I just wanted to get out of there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Allan M
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not in the best area but close to interstate and restaurants. Friendly staff provied wipe-down rags for my bike and a ground floor room. Room was cklean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Red Roof Inn Huntington
TownePlace Suites Huntington
TownePlace Suites Huntington
#4 of 12 in Huntington
4.0 of 5 stars 120 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!