Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Motel 6 Huntington(Huntington)
View Hotel
All reviewsbed was comfortablefront desk clerkwould definitely stay here againmarshall universitywalmartdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2010

we booked our hotel late, as there was a soccer tournament in town, and had to wait for a cancellation for a room to become available. We were given a room, and once the door was shut, we heard almost no noise. I head (and believe me, I hear everything) two doors close and then nothing for the rest of the night. Check in and check out was very easy!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2010

nothing great about this hotel, just an average place to stay. They do allow pets but you have to pay $25.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I needed a hotel for one night while I attended a meeting in the area. Since all the hotels in the area were receiving bad ratings, I was trying to choose the "lesser of the evils." I was a little concerned about the neighborhood, and although there were some seedy places located across the street, the hotel was fine. The cleanliness of the room was adequate. Wireless internet was available in the room as well as a microwave and refrigerator. The bed was comfortable and the only drawback to a good night's sleep was a porch light which made the room a little too bright. Breakfast was awesome and provided something for everyone including healthy options like fresh fruit and yogurt as well as cereal, muffins, biscuits, sweet rolls, bagels, eggs, sausage and waffles. The staff was very attentive to the breakfast bar and worked diligently to keep it well stocked. The location of the hotel is not quite as convenient as some of the others in the area. One of the reasons I chose it was because other people had complained about the noise in other hotels. I did hear other folks arrive after I had gone to bed, but overall it was a reasonably quiet hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2009

The hotel itself was great, especially considering the price. Everything was new and clean, and my room was furnished with appliances like an extended-stay hotel. The staff were very friendly and efficient---maybe a little too efficient: I showed up for the continental breakfast at 9:30 on the dot, just when it was ending and the attendant was beginning to clean up. If i'd been a second later, I might not have gotten my cup of coffee and banana!

The only drawback to this hotel is that it is right across the street from a gun shop, two strip clubs, and an adult bookstore. This may not be an obstacle to people without children, but if you have a family, you might want to pick a different spot. Still, I would not not want to give the impression that this place is as seedy as its surroundings: far from it. It was very clean and well-maintained. I did witness a brief lover's quarrel in the parking lot the night I checked in, but I have seen that sort of thing in far fancier locales.

Bottom line, if you are looking for a place that's clean, affordable, has Internet access, is not too far from the city center---and find that the soft, warm glow of adult business signs add a little color to your evening stroll---then this is the place fo you!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2009

Unlike the person above me I had a bad experience with the staff. I checked in a little late but the clerk on duty acted bothered by my presence. The room was small and run down, sure you can paint up an old lady but shes still old!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo