All reviews close to downtown breakfast staff complimentary breakfast off the highway wonderful stay room was clean business trip place to stay easy access bob evans oatmeal newer hotel would definitely stay here again the staff was great up to date upon check no issues
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Excellent firm bed and now they have nightlights in the bathroom. Would like a colder refrigerator. Friendly staff at the desk, though this is a busy hotel. Eat your breakfast early to avoid the family rush.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rachael T, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntington University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thank you for leaving such a nice review on our hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time you visit the area.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

The room was just what you would expect (and hope for) from Hampton Inn. Clean, comfortable and all the basic amenities in the room. Check in and check out we're both efficient and the breakfast was typical
fare for a Hampton. The scrambled eggs with ham and cheese were maybe a bit better than I've had on occasion at Hampton Inn.

What made this trip stand out was the staff. I ended up in Huntington on an unexpected and last minute one night business trip after getting a call that precluded my getting back home before heading to Huntington so I was unprepared for an overnight trip. I was concerned about whether the app had checked me in correctly so I called ahead. Rachel the Assistant GM had a bag waiting for me with my name on it at the front desk with toothbrush, razor, etc so I didn't have to worry about a trip to CVS etc. Very thoughtful! Erin who was at the desk when I finally arrived checked the rates and found a better one than what I got on the web when I'd made the reservation at 2:00 that afternoon so she saved me a nice chunk of change. It was nice to see people going out of their way to serve customers!

This wasn't the closest hotel to where I needed to be in the morning but when I come back to Huntington it will be my go-to location!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Rachael T, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntington University Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to give such a great review on our property and staff. We are so happy to know that we were able to provide you with the exceptional Hampton experience our guests come to expect. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you when you return to the Huntington area.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

This was a very good first time stay at this location. The staff was incredible. So very nice and courteous. The room was just awesome. Very clean and smelled nice. Our breakfast was very good and the area was very clean. I recommend staying here anytime.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2018

My son and I stayed here for one night. Great staff! Clean hotel and great rooms. Warm cookies upon check in! This is a little outside of downtown Huntington, about 10 minutes, but we really liked the location. You can get to the campus and downtown very quickly and then retreat to a great hotel!

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor and had zero noise.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2018

I had to travel for my job to the Huntington area. I was really impressed with the hotel. Very neat and clean. The bed was very comfortable with soft pillows. Also, the complimentary breakfast was a nice start to my day!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rachael T, Manager at Hampton Inn Huntington University Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I have to agree that the beds are very comfortable and waking up to a fresh hot breakfast just seals the deal. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will see you when you visit the area again.