“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great stay”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My husband and I were in Huntington for 1 night only with our teenage son to look at MArshall UNiversity. The hotel is very clean. The rooms a good size. Breakfast was nice. The staff both in the evening when we checked in and in the morning were polite, courteous and seemed to care about us. The evening before staff helped recommend restaurants. The location is not right downtown or right near University but is off I 64 and quiet. There are gas stations and fast food restaurants along with a Bob Evans all in the same area.

Room Tip: We were on the top (4th) floor and was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jackie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Huntington University Area, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel! I will be sure to share you comments with the staff here. They work so hard to ensure that all of our guests feel welcome, and to provide them with the type of service that makes them want to return again and again, and it is always nice to receive such positive feedback.
Again, we really enjoyed having you here, and certainly hope that we see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fariview, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was not impressed with this Hampton Inn. The hotel is overpriced for the location. Very limited restaurants nearby. The Inn in Barboursville is the better value and has much better choices of things to do and places to eat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry that we weren't what you were hoping for. We are located directly off the interstate but we are in a less populated part of town. Hopefully, in the future you will decide to give us another try and we will do all that we can to accommodate you.
Troy, MI
Reviewed March 9, 2014

New property, everything clean, rooms smaller than most Hamptons and walls are a little thin. Location is close to freeway and town. Safe and clean. Couple of restaurants close too. Stay on street side. Even numbered rooms back to a car dealer with bright lights all night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and I will forward to my staff. I also appreciate your suggestions to fellow travelers. I hope to see you again next time you are in Huntington!
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The building is as awesome as all Hamptons are . Upon my arrival I was barely greated by a very rude lady that had assistant manager on her name badge. She was on the phone looking up a phone number for someone apparently, and was more interested in laughing and talking on the phone than checking in the parties waiting .I actually stood there ten minutes waiting . She finally decided to help me after the party on the opposite end hung up on her and proceeded to get nasty with me because I made my reservation on the web . The elevator floors were extremely nasty !! The rooms are falsely advertised, when I called down to ask questions I was rudely told I had gotten exactly what I ask for on the web which was not true at all .The place need management sent to etiquette school and need to encourage the cleaning staff to clean not just the rooms !! Will stay elsewhere on return visits .I have stayed at numerous Hamptons and this one being fairly new is a disgrace to the rest . Sorry , just the plain truth !!!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I appreciate your comments and will discuss your review with my front desk and housekeeping staff. I would like for you to call me so I can identify the employee that did not give you the customer service you deserved. I do not have an assistant manager so possibly you might remember her name. I look forward to speaking to you. Thank you again for taking the time to do a review. I assure you, this is not our usual comments and I will do all that I can to assure this does not happen again.
Fairfield, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The hotel is very nice. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than most hotels I have stayed in with quality pastries and a good selection of hot food (ie eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal and waffles) . The room was very clean and was nicely furnished. I booked online and received a good rate. The hotel is right down the road from Marshal University. Make sure to eat at Hillbilly Hot Dog near Marshal. It was fantastic. I will definitely stay in this hotel when I return to the Huntington area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Fairfield, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed there for our daughter's school event. It was an extremely nice, clean and comfortable hotel. Upon check-in, we were mistakenly given a smoking room. The front desk clerk immediately switched us to a non-smoking room. Breakfast was very nice as well. Happy with our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel in Huntington, WV was very good. Brand new building and incredibly friendly staff. I would choose to go there again if I need to return to Huntington. The fitness facility was one of the nicer facilities I've been in at a hotel. I was very pleased.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business