Hampton Inn Huntington University Area
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
St. Mary's, United States
“Staff”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

One of the very best group of hotel staff that I have ever met.They are very polite, knowledgeable and helpful they went above and beyond to make sure that my stay was pleasant, I have stayed there two times prior and will be staying there in the very near future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Gary M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Peoria, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel staff is very friendly and accomodating. Hotel is exactly what you would expect from Hampton. Very clean rooms, comfortable beds and pillows, nice breakfast and quiet. Bathroom was spotless, water pressure was excellent, king room was very spacious.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Anthony C
Wilmington
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I am a Travel Agent. I can be very hard on a review of properties. I have high expectations. Even though this property does not offer an industry rate, I am glad I stayed here. This property exceeded my expectations in every way. The hotel is new. The staff is amazing. The rooms are luxurious. Far better than any Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. I would rank this a 5 star Hampton Inn. It is not far from downtown which for me was a plus. I did not want to be right downtown with all the college students of Marshall. However, it is only a 10 - 15 minute drive down to campus. My only negative (and this goes for all the hotels I stay in), no one is addressing the gluten free clients. Would like to see more options for breakfast that include gluten free items.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Beth H
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Excellent hotel. Friendly, helpful staff. We stayed there on our way to Virginia. We were so impressed we stayed there on the way back to Indiana. Rooms were clean, breakfast was very good. The only negative thing I can think of was the pool was cold, unable to stay in for long.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and stay in many hotels all over the US. My work brought me to Huntington, and I had the good fortune to stay in this great new hotel. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, and had the best staff (especially Laura and Stella!). I got the best sleep I'd had in months there. I hope I get to stay there again in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank LeanneTravels
Columbus, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I took a shower for two mornings and when I complained she dismissed my complaint. Did not offer to compensate me in any way. The staff cleaned up the breakfast 20 minutes early and did not put out food as it ran out. Never put out waffle mix.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

blhoward, General Manager at Hampton Inn Huntington University Area, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
I am very sorry for this negative experience at our new Hampton Inn in Huntington. This was the product of our unfortunate loss of our great breakfast employees. Therefore, we had help from other departments, to work the breakfast area. It seems we did not handle this situation very well, and I sincerely apologize. If you are interested, I would be willing to speak with you further about this experience, and try to make it right for you. I am in my office Monday - Friday during the day. Thank you for your time and honesty. (Bobby Howard, GM)
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I visit Huntington often as we are originally from there. We have stayed in almost all hotels in the area over the last five years and this is where we will be booking all our stays in the future. We have already booked stays through November. Would definitely recommend. Clean rooms, courteous staff and great location just 5 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family