“My local park”
Review of Ritter Park

Ritter Park
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Huntington
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Why wouldn't I like my local park? It has a great playground, including a cable way and swings that can go really high! My aunt got married there. I was the flower girl anyway if you live near or in Huntington wv, totally suggest it

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were sending the day in Huntington, and decided to swing by Ritter Park. There is street parking surrounding the park as well as a small lot. Finding a parking spot is nearly impossible. Once we finally did, we wandered around the small part of the park, then saw the park went up the hill behind it. There are a bunch of trails and other things back there. If you go, explore the whole park. It was a good way to spend a few hours.

1  Thank ut_jd
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A wonderful park open to all. Very large acreage endowed to the city. Wonderful children's area, tennis courts, dog park, spectacular walking tail dedicated to a local young DR that died in the 9/11 crash into the Pentagon. There is also a beautiful rose garden that is great to spend time in.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Lots of activities. Many places to relax, take in the scenery, or get some exercise in, while taking in the view.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was born and raised in Huntington and have so many fond memories of my parents bringing my sisters and I to Ritter Park. Having picnics and playing in the park with the fun little caves and slides. We moved to Florida in the 90's but when we come to WV to visit every few years this is always one of our must see stops. The park is still beautiful even coming here as an adult and its a great centerpiece to the city. The biggest highlight this week was going up to the hills near the rose garden and sledding down the hills with our kids like we used to when we were little. Awesome new memories. Love love love Ritter Park!