“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Backyard Pizza - CLOSED

Backyard Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, West Virginia
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I went to Backyard Pizza and Raw Bar yesterday evening right after the Marshall football game for the first time ever, and boy have I been missing out!! We started out with some of the lobster cheese sticks which were absolutely heavenly and loaded with lobster. Before we received our appetizer, the owner came over to us and was asking how we were doing and if we enjoyed the game. He also asked us what we had ordered and when he found out I had never tried an oyster before, he immediately went and grilled one on their wood-fired grill for my dining partner and me. It was absolutely delicious! Then for dinner I had the Woo-Tang Pizza which was the most delicious pizza I've ever had. I can't rave enough about this place!!! If you live in the Tri-State area, including Charleston, or are just visiting, you MUST go check this place out!

Visited November 2013

“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Everytime we've gone to backyard, the food has been amazing. Although, this last time the pizza crust was sort of tough, but still delicious.

Visited September 2013
Augusta, Georgia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Coming back to visit a town where I used to live and seeing a new local place everyone is raving about-I totally had to check it out.

Brunch-hands down the best twist on brunch. Can't get alcohol until 1pm but its worth the wait. I hate bloody mary's but I love theirs.

Dinner-the grilled oysters are to die for. I ended up ordering a second order.

If you get there and there is a wait, wait because its worth it. Good job for bringing some good eats to Huntington. Can't wait to come back home for more.

• Visited September 2013
Rome, Ohio
“Delicious pizza~great atmosphere~friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our neighbors took us for our first visit there. I can guarantee it won't be our last. Fun rustic décor, the scent of the pizza ovens, 20 beers on tap and seriously good "gourmet" pizza. Four of us shared Chop House, Nacho Mama and Woo-Tang pies, trading slices so we could sample all three. Please go to their website ( provided below ) and just read the menu. You'll want to jump in your car and go there now ! These pies are not cheap, but they're made with the best quality ingredients. Service was friendly, attentive ( without being intrusive ) and knowledgeable. Backyard Pizza is a solid winner and we look forward to trying more of their imaginative fare soon.

• Visited October 2013
Portsmouth, Ohio
“Best atmosphere anywhere !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

From the first scent of the smoky wood as I opened the door, I knew I had came upon something unique. We drove from Lucasville, Ohio based on these reviews. We were not disappointed! Thanks Drew (owner) for taking the time to personally welcome us and made sure we enjoyed our first visit. The pizza is truly unique, the best homemade salsa I ever had. The entire experience was memorable. We will be back with friends!

• Visited September 2013