“Unique food at really good prices”

Black Sheep Burrito and Brews
Ranked #2 of 189 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: Southwestern, Bar, Pub, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Huntington, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unique food at really good prices”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Delicious combinations. I loved the smoked duck tacos! Great place to grab a bite, a brew, and listen to good music with friends.

• Visited November 2013

“Very lackluster”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I came in with a larger group. I have eaten in your establishment once before with no problem with the food. Service was blah.
This time ( 4/11/14) .... Food was wrong for several of my dining companions, service was slow and unattentive. I personally sat next to a lady that debated her entree with the waiter . It did not come as she asked.
Refills on drinks were slow. I and another dining companion had to ask three times for a chilled glass for her bottled beer.
I don't know if it's standard to ask about dederts..not even sure if you have them..no one was asked.
My food was good ( not as i ordered ) but good. I love to try different things and liked what i had.
I work and have worked in the public sector for many years and understand customer service. I do believe your establishment failed at this , this evening. I hate to say that because I did enjoy the food. I hope for the business sake that customer service improves.
Thank you.

• Visited April 2014
PA
“A GF Flock of Tacos”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I picked this place blind, and was lucky. They had noted gluten-free selections on the menu, and I tried the Flock of Tacos, a trio of tacos on corn tortillas. I chose steak as the meat, and it was real steak. To go with the tacos, opted for the sweet potato salad, which was excellent; I never had this before.
Since beer in not on my Gluten Free diet, they had Angry Orchard cider on draft. Lucky again!
Definitely would go back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank tshell223
Huntington, West Virginia
“Won't go back again”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have had good meals here, and some not so good. We decided to go for brunch (first time) on 3/9/14. We called to find out how late brunch was served (4:00) We go there about 2:00 and they told us they were serving off the regular menu - disappointed, because we had heard the Huevos rancheros were good, and we wanted some egg dishes (we're vegetarians, but we eat eggs). We decided to order off the regular menu, got a beer, and settled in with our NYTimes Sunday paper. The people next to us came in just before us, ordered off the brunch menu while we sat there, and already had received and eaten their food(40 minutes after we put in our order) when the waitress came over and told us the rice for my burrito would take another 20 minutes. We decided to pay for our beers and leave. No real apology from anyone. So, even though the atmosphere is comfy, and they have a good selection of beers on tap, we feel we have given them many opportunities...

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank museumcurator
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Awesome food and drinks”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We had the nachos which were half price the evening we were there. They had the usual cheese and cream but also had pickled jalapenos and their homemade chili. The atmosphere is fun and live music happens some evenings. *Beware* the parking lot next to the restaurant is NOT available for this restaurant. It is for the one next door. It was dark and we parked in a space that did not have a sign. Even though the lot was half full our car was towed by the next door restaurant Buddy's barbecue. We were from out of town for the 1 night only. It was an expensive evening counting the tow fee. Even still we had a fun evening at Black Sheep.

Visited March 2014