“Imaginative food in a casual atmosphere”

Black Sheep Burrito & Brews
Ranked #2 of 188 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We discovered Black Sheep Burrito late this summer during an extended stay in Huntington. After playing it safe with the chain eateries, we spied Black Sheep on the corner across from Marshall University. We immediately fell in love with the relaxed atmosphere and friendly servers. This is not your typical tex-mex fare. The burritos are more reminiscent of wraps; however, the menu offers an amazing variety of ingredients ranging from chicken, beef, pork, trout, and even duck. They also offer some very innovative vegetarian options. Burritos come with your choice of a side item: orzo pasta salad, black beans, red pepper slaw, or (my favorite) Chipotle sweet potato salad. My husband loves their tacos and often orders the Flock of Tacos which allows you to select three different taco combinations. Black Sheep offers a nice selection of beers as well. If you happen to stop in on the weekend, we highly recommend their weekend brunch. Call ahead to verify the hours as they may have changed since our last visit there. Black Sheep also has live music after 9pm; however, we can't comment since we're early birds. In my humble opinion, the hallmark of any restaurant is consistency of quality food and great service. We've returned to Black Sheep Burrito and Brews many times over the past four months, and we walk away happy and stuffed every time!

1  Thank TnTraveler508

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had the fish tacos and they were really good. The menu is quite different from your run of the mill mexican restaurants. Their guacamole was really good and they had a great beer selection. Was really busy on a Saturday night. I'd go back just to try something different.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This restaurant has been quite a few different ones throughout the years, but I'm hoping this version sticks around for a long time. Unique tacos, burritos, etc. Fantastic brunch menu. Amazing beer list. Great setting for social hangout and local music. Definitely worth supporting. Enjoy!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I don't know how they came up with the flavor combinations in all of there creations, but they will blow you away!! I prefer to get a Flock of Tacos when I eat there so that you can try several of there soft tacos because its solo hard to choose just one flavor. But every time I have to get a Bulgogi one, its braised short rib with kimchi, sounded weird at first but it is a flavor explosion in your mouth and I highly recommend trying it! The duck, Hawaiian, and avocado are great choices too. You really can't go wrong here, even there brunch is delicious. Eggs Benedict with pulled duck was so savory and along with endless mimosas made it a perfect day!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Sampled several tacos: Smoked trout, tempura avacado, tempura fish, grilled fish, duck, and steak. The smoked trout and tempura avacado were our favorites!! The tacos are small though. Served on about a 6 inch tortilla with maybe a 2-3oz piece of fish. Reminds me of pies and pints in Fayetteville, which does a unique twist on pizza. One side is a bar and other a restaraunt. If you have kids I recomend sitting in restaraunt side.