“They put the "comfort" in comfort food”
Review of Central City Cafe

Central City Cafe
Ranked #36 of 188 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 23, 2012

If you are looking for fancy surroundings, fancy serving pieces and fancy prices the Central City Cafe is definitely not for you. But if you want good quality, home-style, home-cooked food and lots of it, then this is the place for you. I personally recommend the pinto beans and cornbread (best cornbread I have eaten). These are cooked just the way my grandmother cooked hers. A bowl of beans and one piece of cornbread is all you will need as it will fill you up. Everything I have eaten there has been wonderful. I can't say I have ever gotten a bad meal.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is yet another restaurant we saw on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Central City Cafe isn't in a location where I'd normally go looking for a restaurant, nor is it a restaurant that I'd normally seek out when passing though a town. But, then again, it was featured on a DDD episode. And I'm glad I went.

The menu is rather simple, just basic comfort food-type dishes. My wife and I each tried a meatloaf sandwich. It was very good, moist and definitely with a homecooked feel... wholly unlike the meatloaf I grew up eating. (Sorry, Mom.) I was hoping to try their white bean chili, but it was out of season. That was my only disappointment and I got over it pretty quickly. Actually, I was over it as soon as the meatloaf arrived. Our server was enthusiatic and friendly, and we had a pleasant conversation with one of the owners.

The area is a bit run-down looking, but that shouldn't deter. Also its a bit away from Huntington's downtown district, so you may need a good map or GPS to find it.

2  Thank BigTool
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The food is awesome and the servers are great. The atmosphere is a little bit outdated, but its quaint.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Friendly, local, good food, nice folks--a good value.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

a little overpriced. Their lunch specials are usually pretty good, and the food has that homecooked feel to them. Definitely worth a trip if in town just because the diner itself is awesome.