“Loved the Pool and Hot Tub Area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Huntington

Ramada Limited Huntington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3094 16th Street Rd, I-64 exit 11, Huntington, WV 25701-5245   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Huntington
MO
“Loved the Pool and Hot Tub Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed here recently when returning from a trip to the Norfolk, VA area. The check-in was easy, price was great and the pool was wonderful. We travel with two young children, so pool and hot tub area are always important to them. The hotel staff was friendly, even asking how my daughter's breakfast was at the morning's meal.

The breakfast was ok. Standard breakfast fare. Room was clean and comfortable.

The only downside was the pool closed at 10, disappointing to those arriving later, but still ok. Also, the breakfast lacked a bit compared to other hotel's offerings.

We will stay here again, if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Shelley R, Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Limited in Huntington for your recent stay in the area. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience with us. I hope that you will stay with us if you visit the area again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mequon, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I was on a two-week road trip with my son looking at colleges. This was our seventh hotel, and it was by far the worst hotel of the bunch.

It started with the receptionist. We asked about restaurants in the area, specifically a nice restaurant where I could have a glass of wine. She didn't really know. I asked if there was a place where I could buy a bottle of wine so we could order in pizza. Again, she had no clue.

When we arrived in our room, we found it to be tired looking with very old bedspreads. The sheets and the blanket were very old. We ended up putting the bedspreads on the floor. To top it off, the beds were uncomfortable.

Honestly, we contemplated leaving and continuing on our journey. I have no idea why the reviews of this hotel are as good as they are.

• 1 of 5 stars
Shelley R, Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I hope you have had a great time traveling and exploring different college options with your son, but I am sorry to hear that you did not have a wonderful experience at our hotel. We are in the process of remodeling and the next few items on our to-do list are furniture, bedding, and artwork. As I'm sure you noticed, the public areas have been completely refurnished as have out bathrooms, walls, and floors in the guest rooms. Most of the time our front desk clerks are able to direct guests towards what they are looking for in our area, and I am sorry that we were not able to help you locate the ammenities you needed on this occasion. I will certainly see what I can do about educating our staff on how to find information online that may have helped you. If you son does choose a college in this area, I hope that you will give us an opportunity to change your mind about us.

Travelers are raving about these Huntington hotels

Streetsboro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Huntington, WV is my hometown and I'm so proud of it and I come home as often as I can, but this time it had been about 3 years. My son, my grandson and I had a wonderful time.. We love Ramada Inn in Huntington because of the location most of all. It is in Huntington, but it is away from the city noises, but close enough to go anywhere in the city in just a few minutes. We found the room very clean, which means a lot. My grandson loved the pool. Even though we didn't have time to use the work out exercise equipment it's a plus and maybe next time we can stay longer and have time. The variety of foods you have for your Continental breakfast is outstanding. Staying at Ramada was an all around great experience, and I highly recommend it to anyone, We will definitely be back.

Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Shelley R, Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing us for your family vacation this year! I am glad that the Ramada Limited in Huntington was so good for you and I sure do hope you will stay with us again when you come home to visit.
Huntington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel is average. Period. The most critical need was sleep as I was attending a funeral. It was so bright in the room at night due to a lack of drapes sleep was difficult. And the final night a couple had the room above me. When they walked the floor creaked and I felt I was about to have company. So sleep wasn't easy.

Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to review our facility after your stay at the Ramada Limited in Huntington. I am sorry to hear that you were not able to be here under happy circumstances, but glad that we could provide you with a place to stay. I apologize that you did not receive information on how to operate the two part shade system for your window. It does have a darkening shade that ensures privacy and blocks the outside light. Unfortunately it is not always possible to eliminate noise created by other guests, but if you stay with us again I would certainly recommend requesting a room on the top floor to avoid the same problem recurring.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful! The rooms were comfy and pretty clean. Just 2 things I wasn't too happy with: the blinds let the street lights in, made it kind of uncomfortable and hard to sleep at night, curtains would take care of this problem. The second thing is the gap under the door, if you look under it you can see into the other room across the hall. We covered the gap up with some pillows. Other than that the place was pretty great! It's got a hot tub and a pool, and a place to work out. There's only one ice machine on the 1st floor though. The wifi is great too! Very fast!

Stayed July 2014
I am very pleased to hear that you were happy with our staff and the room was clean and comfortable. I am sorry to hear that you were not given the information about our new dual shade system in order to get the room darkened enough for your comfort. If you could contact us directly and let us know which room you were in so we can address the gap under the door area that would be greatly appreciated. We do hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Red Roof Inn Huntington
Pullman Plaza Hotel
Pullman Plaza Hotel
#10 of 13 in Huntington
3.0 of 5 stars 173 reviews

Been to Ramada Limited Huntington? Share your experiences!