“Antique Shopping”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
CANTON
“Antique Shopping”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The room was nice. Clean and as advertised. The desk clerk sat during our checkin which did not make us feel welcome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank You so much for your feedback. I am so sorry that you did not feel welcome when checking into the hotel. My employees and I strive to make every guest feel at home. I will definitely use your feedback to make improvements to the hotel. Again thank you and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Audra S Conley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Maryland
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with two children. It is a beautiful stone building, which is what attracted me to it. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool (which, heads up, is closed started October 1st, 2012 for renovations) on the last day it was open. The rates were good, and it is conveniently located off I64. The front desk staff were super friendly and went out of their way to answer questions and help me out. Another thing I noticed as I was checking in - I was thinking "I wonder how late check out is" and there was a sign that said check out at 11. I was thinking "I wonder if they have breakfast" and there was a sign that said complimentary breakfast from 630-930. Well done! We woke up too late for breakfast, but fortunately the hotel is right next to a Bob Evans. The reason I'm rating it "average" is because the room, while it was good sized and comfortable, needed updating. There was one thing that turned me off from this hotel - the non-smoking rooms share a hallway with the smoking rooms. Remember when airlines had smoking up front and non-smoking in the back? It was like that. The elevators and hallways were SO smoky and stale - for a non-smoker, it's really gross. The room smelled fresh, though. There was another incident - I don't know if the hotel could do anything about this - but one of the guests, in a room directly across the hall from the swimming pool, came in with an obvious prostitute and left about 30 minutes later. I ended up having to explain to my 11-year old daughter, who noticed. It was really awkward, and I did not appreciate being forced into that situation. To be fair, that could have happened anywhere but I didn't expect that at the Ramada.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your response. You are correct we do need to update our rooms and I am in the process of doing that. The pool and spa was closed for 4 days because I had them both completely re-tiled as part of the hotel renovation. I do apologize for what you witnessed unfortunately you are correct there is no way for myself or my staff or any other hotel chain to stop something like that from happening. The hotel is staffed 24 hours a day and we do have cameras for security. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future and again thank you for your patronage.

CHARLESTON
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Nice and comfortable hotel. Would recommend to others. My room was neat, clean and quiet. The staff was professional and accomodating to my needs. The breakfast area was nice and the food offered was good but, most hotels that I have stayed at have more of a selection of foods for breakfast. And instead of offering breakfast from 6:30am to 9:30am, offer it until 6:00am to 10:00am since guests with disabilities, it takes them a little longer to prepare for their day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I want to thank you for your response. I love hearing from my guests to help me make improvements. I really like your suggestion about the breakfast hours and I am going to work on getting that implemented. Thank you again for your response and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.