“Rough Start”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed October 15, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

There are newer reviews for Ramada Limited Huntington

Reviewed October 15, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with two children. It is a beautiful stone building, which is what attracted me to it. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool (which, heads up, is closed started October 1st, 2012 for renovations) on the last day it was open. The rates were good, and it is conveniently located off I64. The front desk staff were super friendly and went out of their way to answer questions and help me out. Another thing I noticed as I was checking in - I was thinking "I wonder how late check out is" and there was a sign that said check out at 11. I was thinking "I wonder if they have breakfast" and there was a sign that said complimentary breakfast from 630-930. Well done! We woke up too late for breakfast, but fortunately the hotel is right next to a Bob Evans. The reason I'm rating it "average" is because the room, while it was good sized and comfortable, needed updating. There was one thing that turned me off from this hotel - the non-smoking rooms share a hallway with the smoking rooms. Remember when airlines had smoking up front and non-smoking in the back? It was like that. The elevators and hallways were SO smoky and stale - for a non-smoker, it's really gross. The room smelled fresh, though. There was another incident - I don't know if the hotel could do anything about this - but one of the guests, in a room directly across the hall from the swimming pool, came in with an obvious prostitute and left about 30 minutes later. I ended up having to explain to my 11-year old daughter, who noticed. It was really awkward, and I did not appreciate being forced into that situation. To be fair, that could have happened anywhere but I didn't expect that at the Ramada.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for your response. You are correct we do need to update our rooms and I am in the process of doing that. The pool and spa was closed for 4 days because I had them both completely re-tiled as part of the hotel renovation. I do apologize for what you witnessed unfortunately you are correct there is no way for myself or my staff or any other hotel chain to stop something like that from happening. The hotel is staffed 24 hours a day and we do have cameras for security. I do hope you will stay with us again in the future and again thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Nice and comfortable hotel. Would recommend to others. My room was neat, clean and quiet. The staff was professional and accomodating to my needs. The breakfast area was nice and the food offered was good but, most hotels that I have stayed at have more of a selection of foods for breakfast. And instead of offering breakfast from 6:30am to 9:30am, offer it until 6:00am to 10:00am since guests with disabilities, it takes them a little longer to prepare for their day.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

I want to thank you for your response. I love hearing from my guests to help me make improvements. I really like your suggestion about the breakfast hours and I am going to work on getting that implemented. Thank you again for your response and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Lobby was "blah". Kids working were more interested in chatting with a friend who was hanging out at the front desk than getting me checked in. Elevator was gross, reeking of potpourri-scented air freshener and had a paper sign taped to the door. Fake flowers on every floor were tired and reminded me of a nursing home. Room was plain- nothing special, nothing bad. The hotels I wanted to stay at were booked because of freshman move-in at Marshall. I doubt I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank You for your review. I apologize we did not meet your expectations, I am in the process of remodeling the hotel so I do hope you will give us another chance in the future. Feedback like yours is very important to me and it helps me to make improvements that are necessary.
So, thank you for your honesty and I hope to see you in the future.