“Not happy!”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
St. Paris, OH
“Not happy!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was waiting to write this review to hear back from a manager, but since that didn't happen, I guess I'll let you know why I'm not pleased with my stay at this hotel. I was a guest Saturday night and was pleased upon arrival... the girl behind the counter was great, very nice, helpful. The overall appearance/hotel experience from the outside/amenities looked amazing. From what I saw, the hotel/room was clean. Here's where my complaint is. The bed is rock hard. My back still hurts, 2 nights later! And for some reason, whomever stayed in the room above us, kept us up all night long. I don't know whether they were dancing, pacing, walking heavy, running laps, etc... but the noise above room 205 was unbearable. I'm not exactly 100% convinced this was a hotel guest, because it was ALL night long. I have NEVER in all my hotel experiences, ever, heard people in the room above as I did in this hotel. So I don't know whether it was that specific room, or what... but the overall experience should have been a 1 star, the only thing that's saving this hotel's rating is the amenities and cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cali654
AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I would like to apologize if I was supposed to get in touch with you, I'm sure the message was misplaced. I would very much like to talk with you, all feedback from my guests is very important to me. If you would please call the hotel at 304-523-4242. I would like to state that our mattresses are Sealy Posturepedic and they have all been replaced within the last few years. Also I would like to know if you reported the noise to the front desk as it was happening? We are very strict on noise complaints and my front desk should have taken care of it immediately. So as I do not have your phone number please get in touch with me so I can learn if there is anything we can do better in the future.

Audra S Conley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I recently moved my son from Philadelphia to West Va to attend medical school at Marshall University. When we arrived, after what seemed like the longest drive of my life, we were met with a power outage. We had noticed your hotel while driving in, and immediately called for a room. When we arrived at midnight, we were greeted with the friendliest of front desk staff, our room was immaculate, beds were incredibly comfortable, room was squeaky clean, and the water pressure in the shower was like Niagra Falls. I'm a smoker...and was thrilled to have the option of a smoking room...yes that's right ..I smoke...get over it!! The continental breakfast was great, we really enjoyed it. The front desk staff in the morning were awesome. The best part is that I received a phone call the next day from Ms. Audra, the hotel manager, informing me that her housekeeping staff had found that my son had forgotten his wallet in the room. When he Picked up the wallet, everything was intact!!! Unfortunately, you don't find that level of honesty and integrity in big cities these days. God bless the staff at the Ramada Ltd.....YOU ROCK!!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judith S
AUDRA C, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I just want to thank you for such a great review. I made sure to show all my employees, and they were very grateful. It was absolutely our pleasure to make sure your son got his wallet back. It is not often that people will go out of their way to write a positive review and I want you to know that it made all of our day! I hope when you come in to visit you will stay with us again!!

Huntington, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

First let me start by saying I called the Ramada around 800am in the morning during the power outage of WV. On the phone, telling the lady that I had no power and would like to rent a room. I had called several other hotels and they were booked. Luckily, I was able to get a room. Check in was at 300 and believe me I was there right at 300 to check in. Upon coming in the small turn was a hand written sign that stated NO POWER. I called to get a room due to having no power and was rented a room with no power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was assured it would be back on soon. I came back and it was not on. So left again came back and it was on only to find that they could not find my reservation due to all of the handwritten reservations I'm sure. I think it's great that they improvised during the outage but was highly disappointed that I was rented a room with no power without being told. By the time I finally got into my room, it was about 9:00pm. I asked for a later checkout but was denied that too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Krissie A
I apologize you had a bad experience at my hotel. If you would please give me a call at our hotel phone number 304-523-4242 and I will compensate you for you experience. It was a very trying time when our power was out for three days but I do apologize that we were not able to accomodate you the way should have been.

Wellsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very nice hotel. Great location if you are visiting Marshall Univ. We will definitely be staying at this hotel when we visit our son again at school. Only downfall was that there wasnt a huge selection for the complimentary breakfast, other than that it was great

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Ramada Limited Huntington, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I want to personally thank you for review. i really appreciate any feedback from our guests that can help us improve our hotel. We really appeciate your business,

Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I feel like this hotel recently converted to a smoke-free property, and all the labels on the doors that indicate "no smoking" are new. It's either that, or a lot of smokers are staying in the non-smoking rooms here. The hallway leading to my room had an old, lingering smell of cigarette smoke. Luckily, the room itself wasn't as bad, and was actually comfortable and quiet. There was a nice flat-screen tv, and a coffee-maker that looked like it made one cup at a time; disposable cups, lids, and coffee packets were all beside it. The big problem with the room was the bathroom door. It didn't latch shut, or lock! Sure it could appear to stay closed, but if you pushed it at all, nothing kept it from swinging open. The only other problem was the curtains. The white, light-blocking material on the back of them was a bit torn in places, and let some light in. The lobby was nice, but the staff at the front desk were like nervous mice, or simply didn't want to be employee of the month. They didn't go out of their way to offer help or advice. It didn't seem rude, but they just weren't the best. When I came down for breakfast, nobody bothered to point me in the right direction, though I was obviously trying to find something. Didn't take too long to find the room, but I would've appreciated someone helping me find it. Good thing this hotel is small. Breakfast was nice, though the only warm things offered were biscuits and gravy, and do-it-yourself instant oatmeal. I didn't see a waffle-maker. Fortunately, all I needed was cold cereal and toast, and they had lots of that. So overall, I say this hotel is simply "average," and it has room for improvement, but it's not terrible.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you can't stand smoking. A hallway full of non-smoking rooms sure smelled...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank USAdventurer06
Thank you for your feedback. I wil certainly address the issues you had while staying at my hotel. I take all of my guests feedback very seriously and hope in the future you will stay with us again so i can personally make sure your stay with us is as comfortable as possible.

Oakland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Thankfully I got a gov rate as they wanted $99 for a threadbare, straighforward, just off the highway room. Proper price should have been $55-60 for what it offers. Clean, yes, but needs an update.

Room Tip: If you must stay (the Marriott nearby was sold out) and you don't want to smell the smokers, mak...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lpm119
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

What I look for in a room is a quiet place to sleep and a comfortable bed. This room had both. The room was clean except for a large dark stain on the carpet at the bottom of one of the beds. Staff members were friendly and helpful. I also enjoy a hot tub and pool when I stay at a hotel.. Not at this one. The hot tub was not in working order.. pool was okay.. I enjoyed the breakfast.. One morning sausage and biscuits were available; the next morning you could have waffles.. Fruit, cereal, toast, and a variety of pastries were available. The area was clean, and the girl who worked the area was friendly.. The hotel is right off the interstate, so it's easy to get to.. Enjoyed my stay here..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for your feedback. Our spa is in complete working order now and we would love for to stay at our hotel again. All of our guests feedback mean a lot to me as i am always striving to give our guests the absolute best possible experience.