“Great Stay in Huntington, WV”

Holiday Inn Huntington
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Marion,IN
“Great Stay in Huntington, WV”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

My wife & I were traveling along the Ohio River on a weekend getaway and stayed at the Holiday Inn in downtown Huntington, WV. I am a rewards club member and had a free night coming so I used it here. The check-in and check out were super smooth with everyone involved very cordial. The room was a Junior Suite and it was very spacious, clean and quiet. They serve a hot breakfast bar in the morning for $6.95 and it was great with eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage links & patties, biscuits & gravy, several juices and fruits. Everything was plentiful, hot if it was supposed to be and cold if was supposed to be. The room came with a fridge and microwave. No complaints here!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Maryland
Reviewed October 3, 2009

We were in Huntington to visit Marshall University and selected this hotel because of its location, and because the price seemed pretty reasonable. I was impressed by how clean the hotel was, and it also had all the amenities we needed -- free wi-fi, in-room coffeemaker and fridge, TV, iron and ironing board, etc. Also, parking was free and they had a decent -- though not fabulous -- breakfast buffet for $6.99. My only issues with the hotel were pretty small: the shower didn't have a non-slip mat inside, and you couldn't adjust the shower spray. Overall, I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Rocky River, Ohio
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Downtown Huntington is quite nice for a city its size, with actual nightlife and shopping within walking distance of this hotel. This Holiday Inn has both positives and negatives-but overall an OK experience. I found the employees very helpful and willing to do whatever it takes for customer service. The lobby restaurant was great for breakfast-good food, fast service in a lovely setting. Obviously, no better location for any downtown activity and just off campus of Marshall University. Parking is a problem. The rooms(I had a mini-suite) are in need of serious updating, in fact the bedding and pillows were below the standards of a Super 8. An investment in new furnishings could make this an outstanding property. To wrap it up, I can recommend, but this Holiday Inn really defines average.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank RML-OH
Home in WV,SC,TN
Reviewed November 22, 2008

My family was in Huntington to attend an event at Joan C. Edwards Stadium, and with the minimal amount of hotels in the downtown area of Huntington, we selected the Holiday Inn. Upon arrival we were directed to the incorrect room, but the front desk promptly corrected their mistake. After unloading our car at the hotel, we were directed to park in a car garage that was already full. After these two mistakes our stay was pretty good. The hotel is in a wonderful location in the midst Pullman Square and the John Eye's Big Sandy Superstore Arena. Now to the cons about the guest room. First, the decor is of the late 1990's, and is in major need of updating. The pillows seemed to me that they had been on the bed since this hotel was opened in 1999 I believe. However, the pros outset the cons. The room was very spacious, the bathroom had ample space, and the room was very quiet in the midst of downtown Huntington. If in the area again and not requiring a downtown accomadation, I will be staying at the new Holiday Inn at the mall, but if I require a downtown accomadation, I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank zachmb
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Ok ok...there were a few bad reviews of this Holiday Inn but we decided to stay due to location. Yep..it's a Holiday Inn. It's a very clean place in a fantastic location if you want to step across the street to the Marshall Cafe and have pub grub and watch a ton of sports or even for a nice walk through a cute part of a quaint college town. The staff are nice. What you could expect in a college town...college kids working their way through the university by checking in weary travelers at the Holiday Inn.

We forgot toothpaste and a razor and were given one, free of charge and with such a vigor that it made me smile a bit.

If you are looking for a place to stay in town, stay here. It's the best hotel in downtown Huntington. I'd come back if I ever came back to West Virginia.

The only negative is the $95 dollar price tag for a Holiday Inn room. I would have expected to pay closer to $60.

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness, Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — 95 bucks for a Holiday Inn in West Virginia
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MCRFC
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 31, 2007

This hotel is awesome! They have Jr Suites which make it large enough to take the kids and not trip over them. I have stayed here twice and never had ANY problems, from check in to check out! Clean and desk people are ready to help you. Also close to convention center(across the street) and shopping area w/ movie theatre 1/2 block.

Stayed December 2007
thefbi
Reviewed September 10, 2007

I booked non-smoking room weeks in advance of my stay. I have sleep apnea and must wear a CPAP Machine when I sleep. A smoking room to me is not an inconvenience it is not an option. The last thing I need in my condition is forced pressurized smoke. If this facility could not provide me with a non-smoking room, I would expect ample notification so I could make other arrangements.

I was not notified until check in at 4:00 p.m. the day of my stay. When I told the front desk of my situation, I was told they had no obligation to notify me that they could not accommodate my needs. This left me driving around Huntington, WV checking motel after motel for a room.

The Holiday Inn in Huntington may have a real corner on the market in this spot on the road trust me I will never darken their door.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Arrogant Front Desk .... Tha is as far as i got !
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank thefbi

Travelers are raving about these Huntington hotels