“Perfect location in Downtown Huntington”

Holiday Inn Huntington
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Needed a place that could accomodate a small group meeting central to downtown and not in the midst of "college town" but close enough. HOliday In Civic Center is just right for our needs. Rooms were nice and clean, staff was friendly and accomodating, and the location was just off the river front. Breakfast was just enough and fresh. we were out the door and on the road with ease.
will stop here when next in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark B
HWVHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

I am so glad your found our facilities accommodating for your needs. We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible so you can worry less. I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your visit. If there was anything that we could have done to earn a 5 star review, please do not hesitate to let us know. After all, we want to be a GREAT hotel that guests LOVE.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Huntington

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our first time staying at this Holiday Inn. I have stayed at several hotels while traveling, such as the Marriott, Sheraton, Double Tree, etc. From check in until check out, the staff was very accommodating and friendly. Our room was on the 5th floor & newly renovated. The room was very clean, our housekeeper, Jasmine, did a wonderful job every day and assisted us with whatever we requested, doing it all with a smile. The breakfast buffet was excellent and clean. I will stay at this Holiday Inn every time I travel to Huntington. I highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Any room away from the elevators and stairs are great. All the rooms that were renovated are excelle...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HWVHI, Manager at Holiday Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Alright! A first time Huntington Holiday Inn-er! We are always so gracious to see new faces at our home. It brings great pleasure to our entire staff to read about great experiences from our guests. I will be sure to let Jasmine know about this review as our housekeeping staff unfortunately get overlooked for all the wonderful work they do!

I can not begin to thank you enough for giving us a try and we really hope to have the opportunity to service your future lodging needs. After all, we want to be more than just another great hotel, we want to be a home away from home!

Stay YOU!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have stayed here many times and it is a tie for my favorite in downtown Huntington. The other being the Pullman Hotel. Both supply a sumptous breakfast, although, the Pullman's is complimentary for all guests. The Holiday Inn charges a mininal amount depending on your hotel status. The north rooms overlook the mighty Ohio River, while, the south rooms offer views of downtown the the southern residential hills. It is directly next to Pullman Plaza and the Civic Center and within walking distance of many shops, restaurants and the historic Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

It's always a pleasure to read reviews that truly document the wonderful history and culture of our community. I am glad to see you enjoy visiting us when you are in the area. We are always trying to be a great hotel guests love.

Thank you for your kind words. It will be a great pleasure of ours to serve any of your future lodging needs!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I left several articles of clothing in my room after check out. I called 5 hours later once I returned home. The less than helpful staff kept telling me to call the next day once the housekeeping returned, then to call back later in the day for the same reason. Of course 3 days later when a manager finally returned my call, despite numerous calls and e-mails, he said that no clothes were found. Don't think they really checked. The clothes, 7 articles in all, were never seem. My only conclusion is that the housekeeping staffs stole them and the management is covering for them. Totally despicable and horrible customer service. Run away, don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

First off, let me personally apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay at our hotel.

Our staff takes left-belongings very seriously; so much that we have a very thorough and secure process for securing personal belongings left behind. At the moment that a housekeeper finds something left in a room, our staff contacts the guest immediately for return options; we never wait for the guest to contact us.

I can assure you that any items left behind by a guest will be returned to the guest; if items were not discovered in a room upon check-out, we do thoroughly search our premises in-case the items were placed incorrectly as we have a central location for lost-and-found items. At no time have we ever had any issues with our processes and all guests we are in contact with always receive their belongings within a few days, due to shipping and delivery times.

I sincerely apologize for the long delay you experienced with a resolution. With guests checking in and out of rooms at a high frequency, it can take approximately 48 hours to retrace all of our steps and re-check a room because we do not wish to disturb guests that are occupying a room that items were presumably left in. Our drawers and other cabinets are inspected by two people daily to ensure that nothing gets overlooked in a room. Although we are willing to retrace our steps, our processes for lost-and-found items are sound.

I hope that you are able to locate any items that you believe you misplaced. We always suggest re-searching your vehicles (including trunks), luggages, purses, and any other bags you had packed with you during your trip.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can ever be of any further assistance.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I visit Huntington two times a year and most of the time stay at this Holiday Inn. The hotel itself is standard Holiday Inn corporate style and layout, it's the employees and location that make it worth coming back to. This trip we had an issue with the door key but the young man on duty (Charles) was patient and helped us get the issue resolved quickly and checked to make sure the issue was corrected and stayed corrected Staff is friendly and always acknowledge a guest, room are clean and offer not only a bed but sofa, desk (workspace) fridge and microwave. The area of town is close to Pullman Plaza which offers choices of dining (MU Café is our favorite), shopping, and even a theater. Charles you and the crew keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I am positive Charles will be so incredibly happy to read this review! Even though Charles is a wonderful employee who truly cares about the experience all of our guests have during their stay with us, it is our guests that make this hotel such a wonderful place to visit and work!

I am sorry about your keycard issues, but am happy to see that Charles took such great care of it for you.

P.S. MU Cafe is a wonderful place to eat! It is a wonderful tradition of our community and we are proud of its history.

Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I checked in on 8/2 with Marissa at the front desk and she was very professional, friendly and welcomed me as an ihg reward member. The room was very nice, clean well maintained and the resturant was excellant, breakfast was outstanding.

Room Tip: I was in a king suite and it had lots of space, the second floor may have been quieter, I sleep grea...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for responding about your recent stay. We were thrilled to have the class reunions in town this year and hope you enjoyed rekindling your friendships with classmates.

Marissa will be excited to hear about this review; I will be sure to forward it on to her!

We really appreciate all of our IHG Rewards Members and are so thankful you decided to join and earn rewards for every stay! We even started handing out goody-bags to our members upon check-in. We hope you come back to visit so we can be sure to let you in on our wonderful new bags!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We came here to attend a wedding. Location was good, room was on the dirty side, as was the carpeting in the hallway areas. Furniture outdated. Had to go to the desk twice to have our keys reactivated so we could get in our room, maintenance had to check smoke detector while we were trying to get ready for a wedding, and five minute later the desk clerk was demanding to get into our room, to look for a non-existent dog. Demanded that my soaking wet daughter get out of the shower that minute so she could check in there as well. I have to say I've never had an experience quite like it before.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank burfmamatripad
HWVHI, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am very sorry to hear about the terrible hassles you experienced during your visit.

We are currently undergoing renovations throughout the hotel and by the middle of September, we should be complete with new carpeting, new doors, and new tubs in all the guest rooms. We understand that our hotel is in need of some repairs and we are actively working on correcting those. With our new doors, some of our door locks may need to be reprogrammed and this could cause some keys not to function properly and we are correcting these issues as proactively as possible so our guests do not have to be inconvenienced.

I am tremendously sorry about the issues you had with our staff regarding your alleged pet. I assure you that this is not our protocol for pet rooms and I will definitely look into what occurred and why. Our guests should never be inconvenienced for any reason, ever. I do appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about these issues so we can attempt to resolve the possibilities of future similar occurrences from occuring.

You are very important to our business and we hope you allow us the opportunity to serve your future lodging needs. We are learning and growing from our mistakes by generous guests like you that take the time to leave feedback.