“Stay was good, but..”

Days Inn Huntington
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Huntington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Weak WiFi.to weak to use.. but advertised. HBO channels not working...but advertised. nails sticking up on floor at bathroom door...ouch. electrical outlet broken and the parts are laying on the floor. Very dangerous.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank grandpakev
Bruceton Mills
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This trip was to see my son and his family. The first night was in a room with 2 double beds. We really needed 2 king sized beds so everyone wasn't so crowded. the second night I got a king sized bed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was traveling thru to west virginia and looking for 1 night stay with very resonable room rate called this daysinn or I-64.
we was happy with our room very quite ,clean,friendly staff.
in breakfast they serve biscuit and gravy which was plus in my list.
very nice daysinn

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was forced over to the Days Inn Huntington, WV because a massive storm the night before knocked out the power to other hotels in the area. After reading some five-star Google reviews that I can only imagine were written by the staff under pseudonyms, I proceeded to this decrepit stain of an establishment.

Let me tell you, I have stayed in some dumps, but this place takes the award for nastiest hotel I've ever been forced to lay my head. Upon entering my room--and I use the term "room" loosely, as this place better resembles something from the set of The Walking Dead--I audibly said, "Oh...god...no" to myself.

The deadbolt on the door was broken; real handy as all the rooms exit to the parking lot. The bathroom door had actual claw marks in it, and I resigned to telling myself a dog was left for dead in the place, which would explain the overpowering smell of crap, body odor, wet fur, cigarette smoke, and decaying meat. The carpets looked like they were originally installed in the Titanic, and the bed--while mercifully bug free--was covered in stains which I can only describe as "White Zombie video shoot."

Near the Days Inn you'll find attractions like: the Interstate, a creepy closed bar, and a Taco Bell. At one point, I thought about asking the Taco Bell employees if I could just sleep in their freezer. The night ended with me drinking enough to forget I was laying on a bed that had probably seen more atrocities than the entirety of World War I.

Do yourself a favor: do not ever, ever go here. If your dumb buddy says, "it's not that bad," stop being his friend and hitchhike home.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank CryptRocket
South Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Worst room I've ever had - almost laughably so. We were stuck on a busy Friday night after another reservation fell through, and I had an important meeting at 10 the next morning - our only option at this point was staying in our car, which would have been the better bet! The lobby looked okay and the clerk was okay....the room looked like one of those TV shows where you pay by the hour. We didn't walk on the carpet without our shoes. In fairness, the sheets smelled clean and there was hot water - it's just so old and dated, I don't think cleaning can be appreciated. While not sleeping in my clothes, it would have been nice if the old TV was more than snow and crackle - but I guess the guy's next door was just fine, since I could hear it so well through the wall.The best part was the blanket and comforter full of cigarette burns under the non-working smoke alarm hanging by a wire over the bed....

We didn't even bother complaining in the morning - it was the same clerk on duty as at 10 the night before when we got there, and the man in front of us was already telling her all about THEIR room....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business