“Met ALL my expectations”

21 at the Frederick
Ranked #13 of 189 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 21 is a restaurant in the Frederick Hotel building, downtown Huntington, WV. We feature an innovative menu and a chic and enjoyable bar. Catering available.
Crown City, Ohio
“Met ALL my expectations”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Very good food & great service. We were in a party of 7 and everyone was very satisfied. Three people got the steak with a special cheese & LOVED it. Pomegranate martini's were good too.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Sheilafrasher

Huntington, West Virginia
“A really suburb restaurant”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

21 at the Frederick features excellent meals in delightful surroundings with wonderful service. This time I had swordfish which was prepared wonderfully well and my wife had Mac and Cheese, which was especially tasty, better than at any other restaurant. At the other times I had the 8oz steak filet which was exceptionally tasty and prepared just right. This restaurant is an excellent dining experience.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank farfartheman
Lancaster
“Unique place”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ok, well we didn't eat here yet, but place is so cool!! Found this place by accident and had some drinks. Bartender gave us tons of information about area as well as customers eating at the bar. Prices are upscale, but food sizes were huge!!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Donna G
Toronto
“Excellent Filet”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We were in town looking for a nice dinner and found it. I could ask for no better filet than what I was served. The best I'd had in a long time. The atmosphere is cozy and warm in an old historic hotel. The wine list was very complete and service prompt and cordial. Prices reasonable for the quality of the food.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Trampsrus
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
“Good Food, But Unreliable”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My partner and I started going to this restaurant when it first opened. The Frederick offers a superbly relaxing and appealing atmosphere in which to enjoy a protracted meal as a couple or with friends. The service is congenial and the mixed drinks are quite tasty. The food, while quite good, is unreliable. I usually order the same meal at restaurants. In this case, it tended to be the Filet. However, after ordering it repeatedly when we would go, one New Year's dinner it was served over parsnip puree. This was without warning and was the most unsightly, horrid combination I'd ever come across. While some may like parsnip puree, I found it an acquired taste that I was neither prepared for, nor wanting to acquire. In subsequent visits I began ordering the ribeye. Again, quite a succulent meal, prepared quite well. However, one evening we took a friend there to celebrate her birthday. I ordered the ribeye as usual, and when it was brought to the table, it was covered in gravy. When I complained, the waitstaff said "it always comes that way." I knew quite good and well that it didn't or I surely would not have ordered it. I don't like sauces, etc. on my steaks. While this was our most favored place to eat in Huntington, we have since not been back because of the inconsistency in food orders and quality. Just between my partner and I we never left the restaurant without our total bill being, at minimum, $155.00. In most instances, it was far more. If I am paying that much for a meal, my preference is that it be consistent rather than hit or miss. Returning customers should know that if they order a meal they have ordered before it will come as it did before. And waitstaff should not argue with customers about such details but should, instead, immediately correct the problem.

• Visited July 2012