“Very unprofesional”

Add it.
Schooners Waterfront Grille
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Worst experience ever & I will never be back...I must admit the first couple of times I went we had excellent service...the food was even awesome... the last two times were not the best..Our waiter took forever to wait on us & when he took our orders he should have informed us that they were out of the rice for the Salmon platter so that we could either substitute it with something else or order something else...We waited forever to get our food and one of the orders were completely wrong...plus food was cold probably because he was to busy talking rather then working. On top of that he was totally rude. The manager at the time apologized and stated that they were short on food because the person who usually did the ordering of the food was no longer working there & staff was new. We decide to give it another try after the first bad experence & When we sat down we immediately had to ask for a rag because the table was dirty. We were the only ones besides one other small group there that was eating... so it wasn't like they were too busy to have sat us down at a clean table. We ordered our food & I must say it was delicious this time, but we had to ask for utensils so we could even eat & the only drink that was refilled was my daughters in which she still had her glass over half way filled...Never once did the waitress ask my husband or myself if we would like to have another drink nor did she ask if we wanted anything else...when we got the bill we noticed that it had $11.70 gratuity for a group of 3... My husband and I would have been fine with this amount if the waitress actually earned it, but we didn't feel she did and payed it anyway. and upon getting ready to leave my husband got up to use the restroom and seen a guy in there picking his nose & seen him leave the restroom without washing his hands...He later found out from a manager that it was the cook & the reason he didn't wash his hands is because he washes them in the Kitchen...UMMM I think that is gross that anyone that uses the restroom after him has to touch a door nob that has lord knows what kind of germs on it due to the fact he used the restroom and picked his nose....My husband later complained on there Facebook site informing them of this horrible experience & which all post were deleted & after the manager apologized she later recanted and stated she deleted the comments due to false pretense & Bridget the manager later explained to me what she meant by telling my husband that she didn't want to throw me under the bus...but my husband needed to talk to me...I guess the waitress LIED & told her that I took her aside & told her to charge gratuity because my husband don't tip...This Is a total LIE...HELLO... WHY WOULD I SAY THIS WE ARE MARRIED AND HIS MONEY IS MY MONEY ... I now know why this place has very little business & it explains as to why their workers have to lie and rip people off just to make ends meat...I attached I picture of the reply from the manager just so u can see for yourself what u have to deal with if u ever decide to eat there...

4  Thank Starling E

Reviewed May 1, 2012

food did not taste fresh at all, I can see why the place was empty

2  Thank badabing9504
Reviewed August 30, 2011

We recently went to Schooners on the water while in Huntington. We wanted cocktails and appetizers, so went to the outside bar. The staff were friendly and service was very good. We ordered the Shrimp Pesto flatbread, which arrived soggy and salty. We sent it back and ordered chicken wings. When the wings arrived we were pleasantly surprised. They were very good. Schooners is a friendly place and we would return.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Food and drink quality was good. I had an issue with a rude waiter. When my Oyster Po Boy sandwich was served I noticed it was lacking the side of remoulade sauce that it should have been served with. I informed our waitress that I did not get the sauce. Before she could respond to my inquiry a passing waiter stated that the sandwich does not come with sauce. I told him it stated on the menu sauce was included on the side. His response was "I serve hundreds of these and it does not come with sauce".

There was no offer by him or the waitress to bring the sauce at an extra charge. I asked the waitress to bring me a menu. She disappeared into the kitchen came back with the menu and a side of remoulade. I was correct, remoulade sauce is included with the sandwich.

On the way out I spotted the rude waiter (young guy with a "kung fu" bob type hair do). I told him that he was wrong about the way he served his 100's of sandwiches. His only response was more rudeness and he stated that he never serves the sauce with the sandwich.

Worst waiter ever.

3  Thank americal7071
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is not an easy place to find. Luckily we went with my mother who lives in Huntington. You have to wander down some small roads to find the flood wall and go through an opening. We ate on the deck of the boat with a very nice view of the Ohio River. We ate some sauteed fish dishes and all of them were above average. This is not a gourmet place, but for this area it is a nice place where you can have a good time and get some good but not great food. Another delighful happening was running into a cousin that I had not seen in 20 years.