“tasteless”

Add it.
Schooners Waterfront Grille
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 1, 2012

food did not taste fresh at all, I can see why the place was empty

2  Thank badabing9504

Reviewed August 30, 2011

We recently went to Schooners on the water while in Huntington. We wanted cocktails and appetizers, so went to the outside bar. The staff were friendly and service was very good. We ordered the Shrimp Pesto flatbread, which arrived soggy and salty. We sent it back and ordered chicken wings. When the wings arrived we were pleasantly surprised. They were very good. Schooners is a friendly place and we would return.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Food and drink quality was good. I had an issue with a rude waiter. When my Oyster Po Boy sandwich was served I noticed it was lacking the side of remoulade sauce that it should have been served with. I informed our waitress that I did not get the sauce. Before she could respond to my inquiry a passing waiter stated that the sandwich does not come with sauce. I told him it stated on the menu sauce was included on the side. His response was "I serve hundreds of these and it does not come with sauce".

There was no offer by him or the waitress to bring the sauce at an extra charge. I asked the waitress to bring me a menu. She disappeared into the kitchen came back with the menu and a side of remoulade. I was correct, remoulade sauce is included with the sandwich.

On the way out I spotted the rude waiter (young guy with a "kung fu" bob type hair do). I told him that he was wrong about the way he served his 100's of sandwiches. His only response was more rudeness and he stated that he never serves the sauce with the sandwich.

Worst waiter ever.

3  Thank americal7071
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is not an easy place to find. Luckily we went with my mother who lives in Huntington. You have to wander down some small roads to find the flood wall and go through an opening. We ate on the deck of the boat with a very nice view of the Ohio River. We ate some sauteed fish dishes and all of them were above average. This is not a gourmet place, but for this area it is a nice place where you can have a good time and get some good but not great food. Another delighful happening was running into a cousin that I had not seen in 20 years.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

My first visit was with a group of Ladies. I was so impressed with the food, service and prices that I suggested to my office to have our Christmas Party at Schooners. We had our Christmas Party and it was great!!! We had to rescedule a few times because of weather, but they worked with us and gave us great service!!!

1  Thank llconard