“No Place for Those Who Do Not Eat Red Meat”
Review of Five Guys - CLOSED

Five Guys
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was told this was one of the best burger places in the area - considering there are a lot of burger restaurants close by and in nearby towns I thought this was a great recommendation. On entering the restaurant itself, I noticed accolades from a variety of magazines and newspapers pinned up on walls, claiming Five Guys to have "the best burgers in town". So how could I go wrong? Well, one look at the menu and that question was answered. I saw nothing but BEEF - and that was all. No chicken, no fish, no vegetarian options...and even the veggie sandwiches did not actually contain a vegetarian patty! I was shocked, as I do not eat red meat very often and definitely never red meat burgers. Still, I thought I'd give one a try. Well, 36 hours later and I was still feeling sick after eating half of one simple burger. Six days later and I am unable to see a hamburger without feeling nauseated. The burger was too artificial (the cheese was that plastic kind!) and fatty, and the bun was white bread and doughy. Not going back there. However, I must say the staff were polite and cheerful, which is always a great thing.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stopped by there while on vacation and enjoyed the people and the food very much. It was pretty busy when we stopped but our wait wasn't long,plus we had peanuts in the shell to snack on while we waited on our food.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Burgers here are excellent, staff pretty cheery. Atmosphere? What atmosphere? Fat Patty's is local, and so much better.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Love the selection of soda they had to office and it was located next to the hotel. Everyone was nice and my burger was excellent!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

nice soft drink selection , good food clean service area