“Exactly what I was looking for”

TownePlace Suites Huntington
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Huntington for family business. We were there four days and chose the TownePlace Suites because of its location and prices. What a delightful place to stay. The room was cleaner than any other hotel room I have ever stayed in. I immediately found the lady who cleaned it and gave her a tip. The entire hotel staff was just plain friendly and efficient. Always there to help and assist. When we left, my wife accidently left some items in our room. We called about a week later when we noticed them missing and the hotel had them and mailed them to us. It just doesn't get any better than this !!!!!!

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor was quiet and near the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is one of the better places i have stayed at. It seems as if they play close attention to details ,from the amenities to the positioning of electrical outlets (and everything else in between). Perfect for a weekend getaway !!!

Room Tip: Just off of Route 64 at the end of Hal Greer Boulevard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

In this area there are not alot of choices and this is the only Marriott property near Huntington. The people are friendly and the property is not that old. Everything else is what I would say is basic, it meets my needs as a business traveler but does nothing more. The breakfast is basic, so is the workout room. I will say the rooms are laid out very compact but include a good desk area and a nice kitchen area with a full size fridge. Housekeeping was spotty at best. The hotel was quite so it did allow for a decent night sleep. This property is overpriced if you pay the website booking rate but if more competiton builds or moves in the price point may be forced to drop.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Been there for two nights, the rooms were good (two different types).
Don't expect any meaningful breakfast, but you could DIY. I didn't have time to.
The manager was flexible in very late checkout, which I had to do unexpectedly.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am a Marriott member and a frequent traveler. This was, by far, the worst Marriott we've been to. The room itself was bearable (grime and scum in the bathroom but not terribly dirty) but the worst part is the customer service- or lack thereof. We were surprised with a $107 pet fine on our credit card statement even though our pet is tiny, hypo-allergenic, and well-behaved. They never mentioned this fine when we asked about their pet policy. No extra cleaning was needed for our room, yet they refused to wave the charges. In addition, make sure you get to breakfast early! As I was filling my cereal bowl, I was told to quickly make my selections as they were closing it down. I was literally bumped out of the continental breakfast! There were two other people still eating there as well! Yikes. There are multiple better options in there area with clean rooms and kind management so don't waste your time here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SeeTheWorldMama
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Hotel had a few maintenance issues on my first stay, but as I noted, was still a promising hotel. No such issues this time around. Friendly staff, fast check in, well appointed and clean room, and all the comforts of home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here with our two toddlers and were very pleased. This hotel is in a great location. Very close to Marshall University, downtown, and the mall is a few exits away. The king rooms are small but have great, clean, new kitchens. Also the outdoor pool was so nice. The breakfast was small but enough to get us started for the day. Do not hesitate to stay here. I travel a lot and have high standards when traveling with toddlers and we are staying here again in a few weeks. I can't think of one complaint. Clean convenient hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family