“The word terrible does not adequately describe my experience”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We made a reservation for twenty for my daugher's fifth birthday. After waiting for nearly an hour, they sat us at a table for sixteen. The staff brought us some extra chairs and told us to "scooch" together when we asked why there was not enough seating. We asked out waitress to please bring out ice cream for my daughter's birthday. She said she would "keep that in mind". Our salad and soup came out after the cook rushed through our order, and the poorly constructed sushi appitizer came out after we had finished eating. Of course they did not mind adding a 18% gratuity on our check. The staff were rude and the food was sub par. To top off our wonderful evening, my daugher did not receive her ice cream. I would not be paid to go back to this place. In fact, I will avoid it like the plague.

1  Thank ray l
There are newer reviews for Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

The habatchi was great, I ordered my steak rare, it was a little over cooked, but still really good. The sashimi and sushi rolls were amazing.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Really enjoy their sushi and the wide variety of options on their menu both Chinese and Japanese. We always eat too much, but it is just so tasty. My little one can't get enough. California Rolls are the best!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The food here is great. I have had Teppanyaki all over the world and (bizarelly) this is my favorite. The restaurant itself, however, is in desperate need of an update. Something about the decor just feels sad and rundown. It feels "dirty" even though it isn't. A fresh coat of paint would go a long way.

Looking past the cosmetic issues, however, there is nothing that I would change. There are three parts to this restaurant: sushi, Chinese and Japanese. I have only ever done the Japanese restaurant (although, we did have sushi brought back on a few occasions).

The chefs at Hibachi are very well trained and funny. I don't think I have ever had my order messed up.

Every meal comes with miso-onion broth (which is so-so) and salad. The salad is really only crispy lettuce and ginger dressing, but it is still one of my favorite parts. I LOVE that dressing!

I usually get a seafood combo or a Geisha special and I always ask for the sprouts (they are free, but they don't add them unless you ask). My tummy always protests a little bit afterwards (I think there is a little too much oil) but I LOVE the food while I am eating it. The "show" is a nice little bonus. It is noisy and boisterous and probably not the place to go for a small romantic dinner, but for parties and just plain fun, it is tough to beat.

Hibachi used to be the only game in town. There are at least two new Teppanyaki restaurants in the area now, but Hibachi is still the best.

1  Thank kirixchi
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want time to yourself and your friend/wife sit up front if you want a show go to the back, watch the shrimp fly thru the air into his hat, or better yet get you barking like a dog as they flip it in your mouth....Fun place to go to with a group...better bring a good CC tho...price is steep