“Great value for the room”

Red Roof Inn Huntington
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I have stayed at motels before, but never found one as clean, quiet and nice overall as this Red Roof. The microfridge in the room helped a great deal traveling with 2 small children. The room was clean and surprisingly blocked outside noise well. The bed was a little firm for me, and the a/c didn't get quite cold enough, but it was managable. The staff was courteous and efficient, and the coffee in the lobby was a nice treat - one of those latte machines. Surprised that with all the updates the staff is still working with a dot matrix printer with perforated edges. They handled it well. Would definitely stay again. Great stop between WV and KY. Great price too.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank VirginiaBlueridge

Reviewed April 13, 2010

I have stayed at the Huntington, WV Red Roof Inn many times and always find it to be a clean, quiet motel. The King rooms have a great desk layout, and the internet connection is quite good. It is comfortable, parking is a breeze, and it is just about the best bargain going in this economy.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2010

What a pleasant surprise! This place was 1/2 the price of the "big name" chains, and the front desk staff was 10 times more pleasant and helpful on the phone. I slept great! Quiet room, new furnishings, clean. I was weary from a long day of driving, and this was a little oasis at a little price. well managed...even the housekeeping staff was pleasant and cordial.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We had to be in Huntington for a funeral and I called the hotel directly. I explained that I needed a first floor room and that we would be arriving very late. They told me that they wuld do the best they could to get me a 1st floor room but they could not guarentee it since we would be so late. We didn't arrive until 10:30pm after driving for 15hrs straight. But they were able to secure a 1st floor room for us. It was a life saver since we are senior citizens and have trouble climbing steps. The housekeeping staff were very accomdating to us and the office staff wet out of their way to help up in any way they could. Our rooms were clean and all our needs were met. The motel was close to a lot of resturants and downtown Huntington. We always had ice and coffee anytime we wanted it and the room was relatively quite.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank imadoglover
Reviewed December 27, 2009

We arrived around 8 at night. Thought the area was seedy at first, but actually was not that bad. The guy at the front desk was nice and checked us in quickly. My husband asked about the wifi...it is not free with the rooms with double beds but he offered us a free card anyway. I had never stayed at a Red Roof and am your typical woman traveler, needing to inspect the room thoroughly.

The room was very clean and appeared to have been remodeled recently. Nice sink area and laminate wood flooring in the bathroom. There was a bit of mold in a corner of the bathroom due to shower water leaking in that area. My only complaint on the cleanliness was that the sheets on one of the beds was stained. That was a big turn-off, I mean who wants to see that. You wonder if the sheets are REALLY clean or not. The hotel is off of the highway, though not right next to it, but it did seem like it was only a few feet away. Bed was not very comfy but I didn't expect it to be all that great. The TV was ok but sounded like one of those window air conditioners. There was something inside of it that sounded like it was trying to get out...very odd.

We paid $59 a night which is not too bad considering we needed a place that would accept pets and most that do, charge a fee. I don't like the fact that we did not get a receipt. The lady at the counter said they mail them. I am not sure if that is a new practice or something unusual. My first thought was that they are going to try and charge us extra for something. If that is the case, I will be sure to post more info about it.

All in all, a pretty good place for the traveler on a budget. A word of advice to chain hotels, toss the stained sheets!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2009

I stay here 2 times a week! I have been staying here for 3 years and the people are very good to me! The property is very neat. The rooms are clean. The rooms are fit for the business person! The internet works great, the desk has plenty of room, and the desk chair is comfortable. This Inn is in a great location for resturants and any store you may need! My stays are always peaceful and the staff is always there when you need them! Anything you need they do thier very best to help you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I got the all-inclusive king room. Very clean and comfortable. Microwave, refrigerator, free wi-fi included. Desk staff at check-in and check-out were friendly and professional. The hotel was a little difficult to locate down a side street and behind Days Inn.

Overall I had a very comfortable night.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Super 8 Huntington WV
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Holiday Inn Huntington
Holiday Inn Huntington
#7 of 12 in Huntington

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!