“satisfaction”

Red Roof Inn Huntington
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had a terrible experience at the Days Inn across the street from this hotel. The rooms were awful and it took us almost an hour to get a refund. We then went to The Red Roof where we were greated from a wonderful woman named Trelia. We had also ended up in a car accident that night and she gave us until 2pm to check out. We left Red Roof well rested and rewards card in hand!

Room Tip: All rooms are new. Pick and enjoy:)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you were satisfied with your stay and the service we provided. I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I hope your next visit to town will be less eventful. I'm thrilled that you have joined our Redicard program. Redicard is a great way to earn free night stays with us. Thanks again for your business and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

this place was a god send. thanks to Trelia the front desk worker, many blessing to her. The rooms were worm an entry and very clean. Had a great night here could not of asked for better. the bathrooms were clean as well, with hot showers that lasted. we went to 10 other places before we found the red roof. after driving 6 hours we were more that happy to find this place thanks again to Trelia.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad we were able to help you on your trip and that the room met all of your needs. I will pass your comments on to my staff. It is always good to hear kind words like this. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I travel a lot for my company. I perform procedures for patients at medical and chiropractic offices. I was kind of mad because I was missing an important form I needed to fill out and fax to my company. This needed to be done ASAP! I could not find a place to print a copy from my jump drive. I had no place to go. So I went to the front desk of the Red Roof I was staying at. Judy was working the front desk and was very helpful in getting my form from my jump drive. I like the new design of the Red Roof's and I appreciate the great customer service from Judy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacob H
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad we could help you out with your fax. I will pass your comments on to my staff. I believe that we do offer great service to go along with a clean, well maintained and newly remodeled room. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip.

Jon Campbell, General Manger.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The rooms were very clean with a hardwood or laminate floor. Bathrooms were clean as well. This hotel is conveniently located off of I-64.

This was a good location to stay the night before the Marshall Marathon, only minutes from campus.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed your stay. I agree with your assessment, we are a newly renovated, clean hotel with a friendly staff. I hope to see you again next year for the Marathon. Thanks for your business.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed one night at this property before the Marshall Univeristy Marathon. At check in, I was greeted warmly and they immediately asked if I was in town for the race and if I would like a late checkout, which was nice. I had reserved a King Superior room, with the microwave and refridgerator. All the reviews of the rooms on Tripadvisor were spot on - recently renovated, spacious, nice built in desk and work area, large flat screen TV, and plenty of pillows on the king bed. Only two very minor conplaints - the microwave needed cleaning and housekeeping did not get the memo of my late checkout (good thing I had finished my post-marathon shower). I would highly recommend this Red Roof Inn as a excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us for the Marathon. I agree that we offer a good value with clean, well maintained rooms, and a friendly staff. We did have quite a few guests staying with us for the Marathon and certainly understand needing a late check out. Thank you for your business and I hope to see you again next year.

Jon Campbell, General Manager

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel renovated rooms look great, with no smoke policy and no smoking smells like in some other refurbished hotels. Nice comfortable beds, new floors and shower. There was a flat screen TV and access for wifi, however very basic with no extras like bottled water, hair blow dryer or coffee maker. Even though the hotel is closed to the highway the area is very quiet. A bit pricey for its locations and with no extra ammenities.

Room Tip: Check for Red Roof member, government or other membership discounts before booking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for your review. Thank you for your kind words about our renovation and rooms. I'm glad you like the beds and that you had a quiet stay. I did want to mention that if you join our redicard program, we do offer a free bottle of water for each day of your stay. Also, our Superior King rooms do offer more amenities that you were looking for like a hairdryer, iron/board, coffeemaker and a microfridge. Unfortunately, these are only in that room type for a few more dollars. Thanks for your business and I hope you stay with us again when you visit.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I saw the reviews for this hotel so I thought I would give it a try. I will say the employees are real nice here, and very attentive to your needs but overall I wasn't overly impressed. It is better than the hooker hotels on down towards Huntington, but the ones at the mall may be a better bet all together for the price. Checkin went well they offered me free water for being a redicard member. I got one of the larger king rooms for only a few dollars more so I was anxious to see what they did with it. The room itself wasn't bad. It was spacious and definitely more than enough room to spread out. The bed was comfortable. The floor was wooden and carpet squares on each side of the bed to make that first step out of bed nice and comfortable. It came well equiped with a small refrigerator and microwave along with the standard iron, ironing board and small coffee pot. Lighting was nice. Each light was individually controlled so you can turn on and off what you think was needed. The ones right over the bed shined down onto the bed to help make reading in bed better. You could still tell it was an older hotel but their recent remodel went well room wise I will give them that. The computer workstation was nice and there was a computer chair and an extra padded chair to lounge around in to avoid having to sit around on the bed all the time. Outlets were plentiful for all your charging needs. There was a safe available, but they charged you for using it.

Still being an older Red Roof though they still suffer from many of the ills I have encountered with the chain for years though. I was on the back side so I would say try the Days Inn side to see if it would be any better. Room fronts are not very well insulated from the outside and I could hear the traffic on the interstate. The dumpster and a lumber company is also on that side. I could hear the banging of the dumpster and the lumber yard skiploaders as a wake up call. A guy was using a weedeater close to my room front one afternoon when I was there. It sounded like it was running in the room. This was the first of the ails that were not improved with the remodel. The second is the wi-fi, It was HORRIBLE. Yes, it was that bad. I'll just say my old 28.8 modem back in the 90's performed like a street rod compared to this hotels internet service. It took me 20 minutes to watch a 2 minute cat video! Yes I should have gave up and used my smart phone to view it, but it became the principle of the matter after a while and this would have been a lot less interesting review if I didn't finish it. That was at a typical off peak time when everyone was out and only a few cars were parked around outside. If you are going to remodel and make the rooms look nice and give us nice work stations to work on at least upgrade the wi-fi to be able to use that area better. The other media upgrade they missed was the cable. The televisions were nice. I believe they may have been around a 42 or 46 inch flat screen Panasonic, but not sure of the exact size. They only had 22 stations to watch though. We are talking a society that gets bored with 200 stations on at times..With their selection you couldn't even watch Duck Dynasty or Pawn Stars. I want my Uncle Si and Chumley! At least you have Turtle Man. This close to Kentucky I think it is the law to carry Discover channel though.

Overall, they have a good restart. They don't have breakfast or a pool, but it is also about $10-$20 cheaper than some of the others around. If you are just traveling through the area and just need a place to sleep I would day this would do well for you. A family with smaller children may also do well here because the room was of nice size to allow them to spread out and play and the wooden floors you wouldn't worry as much as you would with "motel room carpet". Each person is different so I won't rule this place out, but because of it's media deficiencies I would only judge it as an average.

Room Tip: Try the front side towards the middle of either building. The back was pretty noisy and the one end...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank alman4869

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your detailed evaluation of the inn. I did want to point out that as a company we are addressing the lack of channels on tv and the slow Wi-Fi service, however, these changes do take some time since they are chain-wide. We expect that next year we will have these issues fixed. I do agree that we offer a great value with clean, well maintained rooms and a friendly staff. No frills, but a good value. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Super 8 Huntington WV
Pullman Plaza Hotel
Pullman Plaza Hotel
#10 of 12 in Huntington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!