“Huntington Red Roof”

Red Roof Inn Huntington
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Have been staying at the Huntington Red Roof for over 13 years whenever in Huntington for business but mostly personal trips once or twice a year. When I first began staying here it was for the convenience of being right between Huntington and Barboursville. The rooms were decent, clean and affordable back then. There have been numerous upgrades and improvements over the last few years and the most recent upgrades make the rooms appear as if it were a new hotel. New flooring, large flat screen HD TV's, bedding and really nice decor. You can't beat the price. Most importantly, the front desk and housekeeping staff have always been the absolute best. I can afford to pay more and stay at newer properties close to the Barboursville Mall but why deal with the traffic, etc. There are nit pickers out there who may not agree with my review because they expect everthing to be perfect but the Huntington Red Roof will always be my first choice.

Room Tip: I always reserve a king room. It has a small refrigerator and microwave. I don't always need it...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for your review and thank you for your business over the years. We have tried to keep the property updated over the years and have been blessed with a great staff. Thanks again for your review and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stay here every time I am in the area. It is affordable and the rooms are clean. But most importantly the front desk staff are nice. The front desk clerk Sherry is always friendly, and very Helpful. She always makes sure my stay here at red roof inn is the best and that everything is ok with my stay. She always makes me feel welcome and if I need directions to something in the area she is always very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. I agree that I have an excellent staff and that we are a great value with clean rooms. We appreciate your business and I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

we stayed in red roof and it was great. sherry was the best. she was kind and anything we needed she made sure we had it..."she's the best"....thanks for the great stay ..cant wait to come back.....hope to see u all real soon...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brian n

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments on to my staff. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for your business.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife an i stay here everytime we come to the area. Sheri at the front desk is always so helpful. Stephani the house keeper always has what you need. I had a reservation so when i arrived my room was ready.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank lastar0112
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you feel like you are coming home when you stay with us. We are glad to have you. I will pass on your comments to my staff. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel earlier this year and everything was perfect and all the staff had a great attitude and do whatever they can to be accommodating. For individuals that find themselves in a less than stellar situation I would like to make the following suggestions.
1. Realize this is a public place, not a private home. The staff can only control so much.
2. The staff understands you have been traveling and are tired. Travelers need to understand that the staff work hard to keep things in order, but rarely receive compliments. Most often they received complaints and bad attitudes.
3. Approach the situation and the staff as you would want them to approach you with problems. Common courtesy goes a long way to get the problem solved with everyone feeling positive on the resolution. You get more flies with sugar than with vinegar.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank OakwindTN
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your support and your kind words about my staff and property. We will use every review to try to improve our product and our service. Our goal is for everyone to have the same great experience that you had, unfortunately not everyone will, but knowing the problems does help us get better. Thanks again for your support, and your business and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Unless you are a very heavy smoker do not stay at this Red Roof Inn. We were told it was a non smoking room and when we opened the door the stink hit us in the face. Went to the desk to question it and we basically got an oh well we can't control what people do. One or two cigarettes would not make the room smell this bad. It was so bad that we both woke up in the middle of the night with a burning throat. Even the towels smelt of smoke. We took all our stuff to the car once we showered and was done with it so it wouldn't take on the smell. When we left in the morning we put our sleeping clothes in a bag so it wouldn't smell up the car. Worse place we have ever stayed in. We will never go there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with smoke odor in your room. That is certainly not acceptable. I will discuss this with my staff so that we do a better job of eliminating the odor when other guests do smoke in our rooms and obviously, we need to handle it better when we receive this information. It is unfortunate that some guests do chose to smoke in the rooms, but that is the nature of the business and we need to be better at fixing it. I'm sorry you had a bad experience but I'm glad you let us know so that we can get better.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had a great stay at Red Roof Inn. The room was clean and the location was nice and convienent. The front desk clerk Sherry was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are nice for the price. The location is nice for shopping. The free wifi is nice. All of the staff were extremely nice and my overall stay was a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer W

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree that we are a great value with clean, newly remodeled rooms and a friendly staff. No frills but a good value. I will pass your comments on to my staff. Thank you for your business and I hope to see you again real soon.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Super 8 Huntington WV
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington
Holiday Inn Huntington
Holiday Inn Huntington
#7 of 12 in Huntington

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!