Red Roof Inn Huntington
$79
$93
TripAdvisor
Motel 6 Huntington(Huntington)
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desksuperior king roomdays innparking lotgreat place to stayseveral yearstaco bellwater pressuregreat roomgreat ratefast foodstaff was friendlyroad tripsherrymotelroofs
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Staff was very helpful and courteous, room was clean, and rate was fair.
Staff was very helpful and courteous, room was clean, and rate was fair

Room Tip: call ahead
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dess E
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. I agree that we are a good value, offer clean rooms with a friendly staff. Thanks again and we appreciate your business.

Jon Campbell
General Manager.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We were very tired from driving and needed some sleep. The room had no coffee maker or fridge. There was coffee in a carafe in the lobby. The beds were ok and the towels were scratchy and small. The room was definitely overpriced but we had no choice we needed to stop. Will try not to let that happen again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry you didn't have a great stay with us. We will use this to get better. I did want to point out that our Superior King Room type does have a coffee maker, iron/ironing board, hairdryer and microfridge, however our other room types do not at this time. We do offer clean, comfortable rooms with great service at a good price. We will continue to work to get better and thanks again for your review.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I concur with many of the previous reviewer's remarks. Night clerk did the job, but was not particularly friendly. Room was small, but clean. Good price. Good shower. No breakfast included. Had trouble getting wi-if at first,but then it was okay.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't have a great stay with us. Though I agree with your review that we do offer a clean room with a great price. I'm not sure what I can do about the size of the room but as mentioned previously, we are adding hairdryers, irons and ironing boards to our Superior King room type to add value to those rooms for those who need those items. Thanks again for your feedback that we can use to get better.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Based on others reviews, we opted to stay here even though our experiences with this chain in the past have not been great. But since the reviews were good, we took a chance. Here is what we found:

The night clerk wasn't at all friendly nor terribly helpful, so our first impression wasn't good. We obviously didn't deal with the same staff that other reviewers have raved about.

Next, the room was quite a bit smaller than we were led to believe. It would have been very tight for a family with kids, but was fine for my wife and I. The sink area had reasonable counter space and was outside the main bathroom. The main bathroom was tiny--no exaggeration--you had difficulty closing the door behind you, or opening it without stepping back from the toilet.

On the bright side, the water pressure was the best I've encountered--in fact, it was almost too much with the fine-spray head installed. Great for exfoliating, but would've been a bit more comfortable with a larger droplet size. We couldn't keep our faces under it for more than a second or two. Hot water never ran out and the room had obviously been remodelled recently.

The only problem with the remodel was the all-wood floors throughout the room. If they got the least bit wet, they were slippery as snot. My wife and I both had close-calls with falls. When we went to wipe the floor and solve the safety issue, we found they only provided two small bath towels--no hand towels, no wash rags and nothing extra to use. Also, there were no tissues in the room-we had to use toilet paper. I know, not an earth-shattering inconvenience, but still another small item that was not at all standard.

The room was billed as having a mini-fridge and microwave, but our room had neither. There is no complimentary breakfast either, though coffee is provided at the front desk.

Our final aggravation was that we were not billed correctly--the online rate stated one amount but we were billed $3 more, plus the taxes. Again, not a significant amount, but dishonest in my opinion. If you quote a rate, then charge that rate, don't sneak in an extra few bucks in the final bill.

All told, the facility was clean and livable, but didn't measure up with a lot of the small details, so cumulatively not that great in our opinion. Passing this way again, I'd strongly consider other options.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that we did not meet your expectations and that we clearly fell short during your stay. Though I cannot control the size of the room or bathroom, I'm not sure what happened with the towel issue. All rooms do get two bath towels, two hand towels and two wash cloths. I don't know why that wasn't the case in your room, but I will find out. With regards to the microfridges, our Superior King room type has microfridges, hair dryers, coffee makers, and irons and ironing boards in them. Our other room types do not have them. The extra charge appears to be the safe warranty that is added each night. We gladly remove the charge when you tell the front desk about it. We automatically charge the fee due to security concerns of our guests and not wanting to ask if you will be using the safe. Again, I'm sorry you did not have a great stay, but I do appreciate the feedback so that we can get better.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I booked online to get the best value. It will save you several dollars. The staff was friendly and make small talk as they check you in. The property was well kept. The room was very clean and was nice. 32" flat screen, and movies on demand. Quiet AC, the only noise was from the toilet. It would leak down and fill every so often. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Wesley C
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm glad you like our new renovated rooms and flat screen televisions. We have worked very hard to upgrad the property and maintain it. I wanted to let you know that we are now adding hairdryers, irons, and ironing boards to our Superior King rooms to meet the requests of our guests. I hope you check this room out on your next visit. Thank you for your business.