Red Roof Inn Huntington
$95
$79
Motel 6 Huntington(Huntington)
$56
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desksuperior king roomdays innparking lotgreat place to stayseveral yearstaco bellwater pressuregreat roomgreat ratefast foodroad tripthe staff was greathousekeeping staffmarshall universitysherry
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Based on others reviews, we opted to stay here even though our experiences with this chain in the past have not been great. But since the reviews were good, we took a chance. Here is what we found:

The night clerk wasn't at all friendly nor terribly helpful, so our first impression wasn't good. We obviously didn't deal with the same staff that other reviewers have raved about.

Next, the room was quite a bit smaller than we were led to believe. It would have been very tight for a family with kids, but was fine for my wife and I. The sink area had reasonable counter space and was outside the main bathroom. The main bathroom was tiny--no exaggeration--you had difficulty closing the door behind you, or opening it without stepping back from the toilet.

On the bright side, the water pressure was the best I've encountered--in fact, it was almost too much with the fine-spray head installed. Great for exfoliating, but would've been a bit more comfortable with a larger droplet size. We couldn't keep our faces under it for more than a second or two. Hot water never ran out and the room had obviously been remodelled recently.

The only problem with the remodel was the all-wood floors throughout the room. If they got the least bit wet, they were slippery as snot. My wife and I both had close-calls with falls. When we went to wipe the floor and solve the safety issue, we found they only provided two small bath towels--no hand towels, no wash rags and nothing extra to use. Also, there were no tissues in the room-we had to use toilet paper. I know, not an earth-shattering inconvenience, but still another small item that was not at all standard.

The room was billed as having a mini-fridge and microwave, but our room had neither. There is no complimentary breakfast either, though coffee is provided at the front desk.

Our final aggravation was that we were not billed correctly--the online rate stated one amount but we were billed $3 more, plus the taxes. Again, not a significant amount, but dishonest in my opinion. If you quote a rate, then charge that rate, don't sneak in an extra few bucks in the final bill.

All told, the facility was clean and livable, but didn't measure up with a lot of the small details, so cumulatively not that great in our opinion. Passing this way again, I'd strongly consider other options.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve D
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that we did not meet your expectations and that we clearly fell short during your stay. Though I cannot control the size of the room or bathroom, I'm not sure what happened with the towel issue. All rooms do get two bath towels, two hand towels and two wash cloths. I don't know why that wasn't the case in your room, but I will find out. With regards to the microfridges, our Superior King room type has microfridges, hair dryers, coffee makers, and irons and ironing boards in them. Our other room types do not have them. The extra charge appears to be the safe warranty that is added each night. We gladly remove the charge when you tell the front desk about it. We automatically charge the fee due to security concerns of our guests and not wanting to ask if you will be using the safe. Again, I'm sorry you did not have a great stay, but I do appreciate the feedback so that we can get better.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I booked online to get the best value. It will save you several dollars. The staff was friendly and make small talk as they check you in. The property was well kept. The room was very clean and was nice. 32" flat screen, and movies on demand. Quiet AC, the only noise was from the toilet. It would leak down and fill every so often. Other than that, it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Wesley C
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm glad you like our new renovated rooms and flat screen televisions. We have worked very hard to upgrad the property and maintain it. I wanted to let you know that we are now adding hairdryers, irons, and ironing boards to our Superior King rooms to meet the requests of our guests. I hope you check this room out on your next visit. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

my wife and i stayed for 2 nights and the staff was really nice to us and was there to help when we needed it and when we where whiting for our ride to the shop they said we could stay in our room till it got there but we stayed in the lobby and talked to the person at the front desk her name was Sherry

Room Tip: sherry is the nieces person there and she will help you with you stay
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank xancotrucking

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I'm glad we could help you pass the time waiting for your truck to be repaired. I will pass your comments on to Sherry and the rest of my staff. Thank you for your business and I hope that your next trip into town is for a different reason.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great stopover as we made our way across the country. Front desk clerk was extremely pleasant and helpful, room was clean and the water pressure! oh the water pressure! Everything a road-side motel should be

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tkm29381
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and feel that this is your home away from home. I wanted to let you know that we have identified the plumbing issue and have addressed it. I'm glad you like our new rooms and I hope to see you again soon. Thanks for your busines.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The lady at the front desk for our check-in & check-out remembered us & was really sweet both times. The room was newly renovated with a comfortable bed, convenient outlet placement (usually doesn't happen in hotel rooms!) and pretty spacious for one of the cheaper rooms available. Everything was spotlessly clean and working properly. The shower in our room and one of our neighbor's rooms made a strange noise (pipes rattling, maybe?) but that wasn't a big deal at all. This was actually a really wonderful place to be able to come back to as our "home away from home" for the duration of our trip. Highly recommended & affordable too!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Molly S

Thank you for your review. I agree with your review. We want to be known as clean, comfortable and friendly. I'm glad you chose to stay with us and we appreciate your business. I hope to see you on your next trip into town.