“Great bargain!”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Beattyville, Kentucky
“Great bargain!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Given the size city involved, you'll have to forgive me for being skeptical that the Red Roof was rated #1 in Huntington. But after staying here, I can see why this place is as highly rated as it is.

I tried to make a reservation on my iPad when I was about 20 miles the other side of Charleston, but the browser hung up on "booking." Turns out the reservation did not go through, but they still honored the AAA Internet rate that I was booking, and they were able to apply my RediCard credit to my account.

The room was decent sized and had recently been renovated. I'm not sure that I like the hard floors, as they're awfully easy to track up and get dirty (the Motel 6 at Cross Lanes near Charleston has similar floors) but there are throw rugs at the front door and on either side of the bed. The deluxe king room has a microwave, fridge and an interesting workstation for using your laptop.

The water pressure in the shower was about the best I have ever encountered at a hotel/motel. It was almost as high as my shower at home and that is always a plus with me. Low water pressure is a pet peeve of mine.

Another plus is that all rooms are non-smoking.

The only knock on the place is that I found the wi-fi to be slow and inconsistent. I would occasionally lose connection and have to turn my wireless card off and on again to log back onto the network.

I know that some people will be put off by the fact that this motel has exterior corridors and the room door opens onto the parking lot, but to me that's a plus, as it makes access to the car a whole lot easier. This type of motel is a vanishing breed and I'm always glad to find one that is clean and comfortable.

i would have no problems recommending this facility to anyone traveling through Huntington on I-64 and needing a place to spend the night.

Room Tip: The deluxe king room has all the amenities one could want for a comfortable stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your comments. I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree that exterior corridor properties are not for everyone, but I agree that you cannot beat the convenience. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again next time.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Gloria was super. I usually stay at this location. It has been re-done with hard wood floors, and flat screen tvs. It is close to I 64 and the Huntington Mall. Plenty of places to eat locally.THe superior king room is worth the few extra dollars for road warriors. Nice size desk to work and watch TV. Red Roofs are mostly new and not was they were in the past.

2 Thank DGH934
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. We always love to hear from our guests. I'm glad you like the new room and I will pass on your comments to Gloria. I do want to clarify however, our inn number is 10109, not 10059, so that people don't get confused. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Thanks for your business and your review.

Jon Campbell, General Manager
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been traveling for 11 years for my job and I have stayed at this Red Roof at least 10 times a year which makes it about 110 visits over that time frame. I have stayed at this location for one reason and one reason only and that would be the lady behind the front desk and her name is Gloria. No matter what time if the day or the weather or if she is sick she is always SMILING and telling you to have a great day and come back soon. Every time that I had any issue she always takes care of it in a instant. About a year ago I had a Horrible experience in a Red Roof Inn in Pigeon Forge and I vowed to never stay at any Red Roof Inn again but I had to go back to the Huntington Location because of Gloria. This is absolutely the ONLY RED ROOF INN that I will ever stay in. RED ROOF INN. CO. if you read this you need to give Gloria a HUGE RAISE.

2 Thank Joe E
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that Gloria has kept you coming back to stay with us and restored your confidence in our brand. I will pass this on to her and it will make her day. We appreciate your business over the years and look forward to seeing you well into the future.
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

You will not feel like you are staying at a major hotel franchise - more like a B&B - If your lucky enough to check in on day shift you will SOON see that SHERRY at the front desk will exceed any expectations you could have, even for a room twice as expensive. Sherry always ensured that we had a very personal experience and was always more like a concierge at a 5 star hotel, there was never a request too big or too small, she did it all, she would make sure that you were receiving the best deal possible as well as make sure your signed into Red Roof's exclusive reward program redicard, Unfortunately I was staying for an undetermined amount of time while my home underwent some repair, Sherry made our stay very enjoyable and makes you feel like more than just a customer, where I was staying here indefinitely it was very important to stay in a pet friendly hotel, where I felt like my puppy was welcome. Sherry went out of her way to deliver dog food- canned and dry, and treated "Marley" as if she were her own, there wasn't one time we made a trip to the front desk that she didn't have a surprise in store for Marley, it was important I felt at home but when your canine feels at home and waits eagerly everyday to go to the front desk, you know someone is going above and beyond and definitely was the most helpful worker at the entire hotel. I would recommend anyone looking to stay in Huntington, WV check this Red Roof out but if you have pets, you cannot pass it up. Make sure to check-in before 3:00 pm though, because Sherry is sure to make your stay that much more comfortable. 5 STAR SERVICE THANKS TO SHERRY.

Room Tip: Standard King is the best value if your traveling with your significant other.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank shilot55
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you and your pet felt at home while you were staying with us and that Sherry took good care of you. I will pass your comments on to her and she will be thrilled to hear from you. Thank you for the pet friendly endorsement as well. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Waynesville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Since Red Roof Inn began updating their rooms, I have been staying there much more often. This Inn was no exception. Cleanliness and a comfortable bed and free wifi are what I am looking for in a quick overnight place to stay and this meets all the qualifications. I would appreciate a little higher quality of towel for the shower, but I'll live with it if they keep the price so much lower than anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and for staying with Red Roof across the country. I'm glad you like the renovations and I agree with you that we provide a clean, comfortable room with great service at a great price. I hope to see you again on your next stay and thanks again for your business.

Wv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been traveling for the past few months, I usually get to town first wherever we go, I had reserved a room and then I call to make sure it had indeed went through and Connie answered and I have spoken to Connie ever since!!! Always the most professional, courteous, caring and helpful staff, all of them are very nice as well but she does go above and beyond to make the stay as easy and comfortable as possible...I love it!!! Thanks

West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very nice stay at the Red Roof Inn. Rooms have been recently remodeled (within last year). The accomodations were very good for the price. Room was clean and adequate. Sherry at the front desk made sure everything was right at check-in/check-out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that we exceeded your expectations during your stay and I'm glad you lijke our new rooms. I will pass your comments on to my staff. They enjoy hearing from our guests. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Jon Campbell, General Manager