“Nicely priced with pleasent company” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Huntington

Red Roof Inn Huntington
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
“Nicely priced with pleasent company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I stay here often and i wouldnt go to any other hotel. I travel to visit with family but sometimes i feel like family. The ladies in the office Ms. Sherry and Ms. Gloria are wonderful. There house keepers are also very pleasent Ms. Tammy is always there to help.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you feel like family when you stay with us. I will pass on your comments to my staff. Great reviews like this are what we are striving for. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you on your next visit. I hope you enjoy the new rooms.

Jon Campbell
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Belleville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband travel for a living and when we stay at the Red Roof Inn, we are always pleased. In Huntington Sherry works the front desk and is so pleasant. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Great flat screen TV and if you have your lap top the Wifi is free..for myself that is important as like I mentioned, I travel for a living. Each morning my husband brings me a hot coffee from the front desk..Don't have to go anywhere to have your morning coffee. I always have a pleasant stay at the Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and are glad that you feel at home when you stay here. I will pass on your comments to my staff. They love to hear from our guests. I hope you enjoy our new rooms, new beds and new televisions.

Jon Campbell
General Manager.
Texarkana, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

May I say the name Sherry, who was so pleasent and helpful! These days not many 'get it', when it comes to "hospitality"....respectfull. this is a very nice place and at the right price. Very pleasent clean rooms, this place has been outfitted with 'class'...and the right people to run it!!!

I very highly recommend the Red Roof Inn, Huntington, WV..............

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated, however, i do believe that all rooms soon will be renovated. Very calm atmo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you like our new rooms and that Sherry was a great example of customer service. I agree with you on both counts. I have a great staff that works very hard to make our guest's experience memorable. I did want to point out that all of the rooms are now renovated and we have been hearing very good things from other guests as well. Thanks again for your review and I hope to see you again soon.

Jon Campbell, General Manager
Elkins, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is a two story motel. All rooms have outside entrances. The rooms are your typical cheaper rate motel rooms. They were clean and warm and that's all I care about. The bathroom was small, but very clean. The tub was porcelain with faux marble surround and so clean it shined. The floor was vinyl that looked like hardwood flooring. The sink is outside the bathroom. It looked like granite and the vanity was very roomy. I was dead tired I fell asleep quickly and cannot comment on whether noise is a problem or not. It's located right off the interstate, but the entrance was a little tricky to find. It's right behind a Days Inn. I was satisfied with my stay and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wildangelwv
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your review. I believe you put it very well, we are clean and comfortable with a friendly staff. I will pass your comments on to my staff here. They work hard and take a lot of pride in what they do. I wanted to add that we are currently renovating the rooms and will be going smoke free as we complete the renovation. Please give us a try as we get our new rooms back. Thanks again for your review.

Jon Campbell, General Manager
Wheeling, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

After a long day of driving, I checked into this hotel with my daughter. We had the handicapped accessible room. Shabby is the word for it. The sheets were clean, but had cigarette burn marks in them. The overhead reading lights did not work. The room was uncomfortably warm, but the heating unit made a great deal of noise. Walk in shower had poor drainage, which made for a very wet bathroom floor. Generally a noisy place, with walls thin enough that I was wakened by neighbor having cell phone argument next door (in fairness, maybe she was just exceptionally loud). This is a Red Roof that needs significant upgrade.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mwatboos
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us. I know it is frustrating to have things not work properly after a long day of travel. First, let me say that these issues are not acceptable and I went to the room today and we have corrected all of the issues that you have mentioned. I also wanted to let you know that we are currently undergoing a renovation to upgrade the rooms and become smoke free. I believe this will improve our overall experience and I hope that you will come back and give us another try. Thanks again for your review.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Don't expect the Ritz, but your wallet will be happy. Several restaurants within walking distance if you need to get out and stretch because you've been driving all day. Simple room, clean and decently furnished, though the mattress had seen better days and was pretty broken down on the edges. Helpful staff at check in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oilofgladness
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your review. I agree that we offer a clean, comfortable room at a great price with a helpful staff. I did want to let you know that we are just beginning a renovation and we will be getting all new mattresses along with a new updated room. Thanks again and we appreciate your business.

Indianapolis, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

As with most Red Roof Inns, the rooms are smaller. Price was right for staying only one night. Could use some updates on furniture, etc. We liked that the shower/bathtub area was separate from the vanity area. We had three adult people in the room, so made it easier in the morning. Hotel was in a quiet area. We heard no interstate traffic at all. Glad that I had read on Trip Advisor that they charge an extra $1.50 for the safe, but can have that charge removed in the morning when you check out, if you had not used it. That is a bit of an irritant, but nothing to prevent us from not staying again. Room was clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janice14
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I agree that we are quiet, comfortable and clean and I would like to add that we do have a very friendly staff. I wanted to mention that we will be updating the rooms very soon to get new mattresses and chairs in the rooms. I hope you check us out when we are finished. Thanks for your business.