“Good motel for price”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
New Market, Maryland
“Good motel for price”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. We have stayed here a number of times over the past several years and have never had any problems. I would certainly stay there again when passing thru.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank RhondaL
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and I'm glad that you have enjoyed staying with us over the years. I agree that we are a clean, comfortable place to stay with friendly people. Thanks again.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2012

LOGISTICS:
I think this was Exit 15 traveling on I-64. It's on the south side of the highway. Travelling west, I could see the Red Roof sign, so I knew to turn east on US 60 to get there.Then it disappeared, It was behind the Days Inn. Go past the medical center, and watch for turn-in streets The several driveway/roadways access both places. They have two 2-story no-elevator units. But I did see some handicap signage on some of the 1st floor doors.

A lot of journeyman-like travellers were staying there and they seemed like regulars. Quiet room. Pets allowed and on the backside there's a place to walk them. No road noises.

ROOM: Kindof retro, but very clean, comfortable bed, teeney tiny bathroom. But was all I needed. My room didn't have a microwave or fridge. Paid $49+tax. using a hotel coupon out of a traveller booklet picked up at a rest area.

ALERT: a $1.50 surcharge for an electronic safe in the room. If you don't use it, you can get the fee removed when you checkout in the AM. They should abandon this method of increasing profit or allow the charge to be removed when checking in. It was irritating to have to wait until the next day to have the charge removed. I did do it -- on principle.

Coffee and paper at the front desk. If you are assigned a room in the 2nd building, it may be a walk that you weren't expecting to get your morning cup.

DINING: Not much along this stretch of US-60. The front desk didn't have much to say about where to find a good restaurant. I just ate at a fast food place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are away from any Days Inn activities.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank wordmobile
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appreciated your detail and fairness. I agree with you. We are a great value with clean rooms and friendly people. However, I do think there are quite a few places to eat along Rt. 60 and I apologize if we didn't do a very good job of highlighting them. Thanks again for your review and I hope to see you on your next time through.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Well this hotel was good for the price. It was only 59.99 a night and was clean the bed was comfortable. The iron and ironing board I recieved when asking the front desk was not so good ,but minus that not bad for the price. Our room also had a mini firdge in . We stayed here while attending at concert at huntington arena and it was not to far of drive to there .

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank abuckley22
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that the ironing board was not up to standard. i will check that out. We appreciate your positive comments and we do agree that we represent a good value with not a lot of frills. I hope you enjoyed your stay and will stay again with us the next time you are in town.

Jon Campbell
General Manager.
Maryland
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My husband and I chose this hotel because the one we usually stay at in Huntington (Holiday Inn) was full. It was perfectly adequate for our needs -- clean, everything worked, and there was a microwave and small refrigerator to boot. Also, the front desk person was very friendly and helpful, and even switched us to a non-smoking room after I realized that I had forgotten to request one and we initially ended up in a room for smokers.

But, in order to save money, this motel chain skimps on some odd things. For instance, instead of having a box of tissues on the sink, they just have one of those pocket-size packets. Instead of miniature bottles of shampoo, they have very tiny plastic packages of shampoo that can't be re-closed. There is no hair dryer and no iron. So plan ahead and bring those additional items if you need them. Other than that, the motel is fine for a short stay.

Room Tip: Walls are thin so second floor might be better than first floor (only two floors)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank OccasionalAdventurer
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for your review. Thank you for your clear definition of our hotel. Clean rooms with friendly people offering a good value. As an economy hotel, we do not offer some of the same ammenities as our more expensive competitors, that is why we are significantly less expensive. I also wanted to add that we do have new flat screen televisions in all of our rooms. Thank you for your business and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in Huntington.

Kentucky
Reviewed May 12, 2012

As soon as we walked in the room we smelled a nasty stale room with bugs crawling on the floor. I noticed the pillows looked like someone just threw them back on the bed and put the covers on top. Very nasty. We walked in and walked out! we went downstairs and demanded our money back. When we told him about the roaches he said, "roaches? We just sprayed for those." YUCK! Not the answer I expected to hear. We ended up driving the rest of the night and went home.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kcatjohnson
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. This is unacceptable and I will certainly dig into this to find and fix the problem. Since we are an exterior corridor hotel, sometimes bugs do fly or crawl into rooms when the door is open that is why we regularly have our exterminator treat the rooms, My staff takes a lot of pride in their work and we will use this feedback to get better.

Jon Campbell, General Manager
Emmaus
Reviewed April 20, 2012

It was pretty cold outside when we were there, and since the heater was not working properly it was pretty cold inside, too. Other than that it was OK; standard Red Roof.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thanks for your review. I'm sorry that the heat didn't work properly in your room. I know that is frustrating when you are travelling and things don't work the way they should. I will make sure we check the heat panels in thr rooms to avoid this problem in the future. With the recent sudden change in weather the heat had been turned off in the rooms and our heat panels do take some time to heat up the room. I hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we appreciate your business.

Jon Campbell, General Manager
Shepherdsville
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stopped here for an over nighter, room was clean and comfy, Friendly folks. Close to dining and spirits (CVS). Very basic room, but just needed to sleep and then continue with our journey.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NJ2KY
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. Clean, comfortable and convenient with friendly people. I couldnt have said it better myself. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again the next time you pass through. Thanks for your business.