“Basic and clean room”

Red Roof Inn Huntington
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed October 27, 2011

As budget motels go, this Red Roof Inn is really pretty decent. Room was clean and looked recently remodeled with fresh paint, new carpet and curtains. The bed was a little mushy, but overall comfortable. Couldn't beat the price! Though the scratchy towels do remind you of your savings...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2007Traveler
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you for your response. I agree that we represent a very good value for lodging accomodations. I wanted to also mention that we will be getting more new mattresses over the
next year. Thank you again for your business.

Jon Campbell

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Overall, this Red Roof Inn is very good, indeed. This Red Roof Inn is what Holiday Inns used to be when I was growning up. No frills, just a clean room for the night.

It's in an excellent location for jumping off to downtown Huntington, or zipping off to the state capitol on business. Finding the road to get into the property, is another matter. I cut through the Days Inn parking lot on my arrival there, simply because the road isn't marked well at all. I think in an answer to a previous commenter, management said the reason was because of a local zoning ordnance. Not exactly the way to encourage business or tourism travel, guys!

Check-in was straightforward, no hassles. This is an older property with outside doors, and what looked like a sizable contingent of contractors or construction workers were staying there during my visit as well. I was in a king room with refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker. The rug had one dirty spot, but as it looked like management tried to clean it and failed, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Other than that, the room was well kept-up, and the bathroom was spotless. $1.50 per night is charged for a room safe, but it's refunded if you don't use it.

No breakfast comes with the room, but wi-fi was available. This property is a throwback to simpler days of travel. The thought that comes to mind as I close this review is simple -- if this property is #1 or #2, what are the other places in Huntington like? Even with those reservations about this property, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Sam_Damon1
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thanks for your very detailed review. We are planning to get all new flooring in our rooms in the next year and to update the softgoods as periodically needs to be done. I think you sum up Red Roof pretty well, clean, comfortable, and friendly. A straightforward room without a lot of frills, but a very good value.

Thanks again for your business and your review.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

I have for several years chosen the Red Roof Inn for it's cleanliness, the friendly service, and the locale. I have stayed there through family reunions, school reunions, and several family funerals. it is just convient for my every need. I will be looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: South side rooms are quieter, and I recommend non smoking.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LenaPruitt
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Thanks for you great review. We appreciate our many long time guests like yourself and look forward to seeing you on your next stay. Thanks again and I will pass on your comments to my staff.

Jon Campbell

Reviewed September 13, 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at the Red Roof Inn in Huntington, WV this past weekend. Upon arrival we found the staff to be courteous and pleasant, our room clean and comfortable with all the amenities as advertised. Our request for fresh towels was honored immediately.
We have stayed here many times before and havenever had an unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Have stayed in all areas of this facility and have found no difference in the rooms or environment.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them on to my staff. We appreciate your business over the years and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

No breakfast, but with the money we saved, we could go out and eat a huge meal.
The furniture was not Ethan Allen, but was comfortable, clean and more than adequate to meet our needs.
If you are looking for a lavish, 5 star motel, then go somewhere and spend hundreds of dollars. If you are looking for a clean, nice, comfortable place at a very reasonable price...........JACKPOT, this is it.
Staff was VERY courteous, helpful, and eager to serve.
Great place.......great!

Room Tip: Go to the Red Roof website and check for discounts.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you for your kind words, I couldn't have said it better myself. No frills, but clean comfortable and affordable with a friendly staff. I will pass this on to my staff since they are really the ones responsible for everything that we do right. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

This hotel is advertised as #1 in Trip Advisor, but let me give you the lowdown. Although the inside furnishings are decent, the outside area is not what I would call well kept, there are questionable looking people hanging around the balcony all hours of the night (on a Monday night), it is full of truckers who are moving around and leaving at all hours of the night. Of course, all rooms open to the outside so it is not a quiet place. The remote had to have new batteries, the microwave didn't work, there was something all over the carpeting and the front desk clerk was nice enough, but looked like she had slept in her clothing. We were ready to leave with a short night's sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

I'm very sorry you didnt' get a good night's sleep and that your stay was not acceptable. I know it is upsetting to be disturbed when you sleep by other guests and it can make for a bad stay. I have had my maintenance staff check the issues and the room and I will make sure my staff makes more walks around the property to try to keep other people from being disturbed. Unfortunately, the way our building is designed, we do have exterior doors whch can be a bit noisier than interior corridor hotels. Some people do prefer the convenience of exterior corridors, but they do have some issues that are inherent with these types of rooms. Again, I'm sorry your stay was not up to par. Hopefully, you will give us another chance in the future to do better.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Well, I chose this Red Roof because of the #1 TripAdvisor ranking {they also have a big billboard proudly stating that] and the positive reviews along with the very acceptable price... in that sense, it does provide excellent value... yet while nothing bad happened, there was nothing special, either... so, what makes it #1? not sure... I didn.t care for the mattress at all... thought it was thin and hard, and you could feel the box springs when you sat or laid down... although general location easy to spot off the Interstate (on a motel exit sign plus a gigantic 1000 foot tall tower sign in the sky), once you hit the immediate area, this section is a confusing maze of stores, plazas, roadways, driveways, parking lots... you know it is so tantalizingly near, but which driveway exactly? keep your eye on the sign up in the sky, you'll find it eventually... lol. The clerks were courteous if a bit perfunctory.. but that's fine.. forced smiles would be false anyways, although a little welcome warmth could go a long way,,, The room itself was clean, the bathroom was spotless, refrigerator worked, had a microwave.. TV & remote.. only about 20+ channels, but NICE selection: sports, news, drama, HBO, cartoons, comedy.. something for everyone- No Shopping Channels!! What a relief! There is a safe, but they DO charge for that unless you tell them you won't be using it. Also, I was in the back, but at night there was so much lighting [flood lamps?] in the parking lot, I thought it was a staging area for a lunar launch or something... I liked it.. felt safe.. All in all, I would grade it a solid "B+", and given the pricing, would certainly consider it again... p.s. one clerk knew the area well and gave excellent directions; also, they have handicap equipped rooms available

Room Tip: i registered directly through Red Roof Inc and indicated any special needs
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Nelson1066
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Huntington, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your detailed description and recommendation. I'm sorry that your mattress was not up to par, we are looking at replacing a number of them and I will note this one as needing changed. I understand your confusion finding the property. When we were built 30 years ago, there wasn't much around us, now it has become difficult to find as things have built up. We do have a sign by the road to turn on, but it is a bit high and most people don't look up when they are looking for the road. I will also pass your comments on to my staff, because they are what makes this inn number one in the market and we want to continue to improve. Thanks again for your review and we appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Super 8 Huntington WV
Pullman Plaza Hotel
Pullman Plaza Hotel
#10 of 12 in Huntington
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntington

Been to Red Roof Inn Huntington? Share your experiences!