“Good, dog friendly hotel for road warriors” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gateway Inn and Conference Center

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huntington
Gateway Inn and Conference Center
You added Gateway Inn and Conference Center to your Saves list
6007 US Route 60 East P.O. Box 2528, Huntington, Huntington, WV 25726 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
charlotte
“Good, dog friendly hotel for road warriors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We stayed here while driving cross country with our dog for the holidays. We booked via the phone and were able to get a 1st floor, dog friendly room. The hotel did not have many guest and the few that were there all seemed to have pets! The staff was great though and we were able to grab a bit of breakfast in the morning before hitting the road. It's nice to have fresh fruit offered too. Starbucks, if you are so inclined, is one exit away off of I64.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

Planning ahead because I'm traveling with a pet so it looks like the Best Western will do. Upon arrival I was greeted by a few employees who took time to greet me and my dog. I reserved a king room with easy chair and received such right near an exit door on the ground floor of this 2-story motel. Upon entering my non-smoking room it didn't smell fresh, air was a bit musty. Even my dog seemed not to like the room and sat by the door with a look of "lets go".

I located a housekeeper and asked if this was a pet room and she said pets are allowed in all rooms. So after getting all my belongings inside my first order was to remove the a/c lid and then pop out the 2 filters. Well they were quite filthy so I washed them out with my lemon scented Mr. Clean. Next I washed down the lid and put it all back together. I also felt the carpet to see if it was wet around the a/c but it was not. The lemon scent kicked in and we got comfortable. The a/c was nice and cold, bed comfortable, internet cruising, cable t.v offered 78 channels. Nice sized pool outside, a stone's throw from Outback Steakhouse and some kind of bar-b-que joint. During the evening I never heard a sound which is great because this place was busy. They also have some long term guests but not the low life kind, just CSX and construction workers and they are all placed in one set wing. Plenty of parking on all sides.

Continental Breakfast was decent and included soft biscuits and sausage gravy. The only thing this location needed was more level grassy areas especially if they take pets, because this motel sits up high from the main roadway - most of the grassy areas are on a steep incline. Anyway I would certainly stay here again.

• Liked — quiet room. cable t.v. internet speed, plenty of parking
  • Disliked — musty smell, a/c filters were filthy
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jefffromark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Red Roof Inn Huntington
Pullman Plaza Hotel
Pullman Plaza Hotel
#9 of 12 in Huntington
3.0 of 5 stars 172 reviews

Been to Gateway Inn and Conference Center? Share your experiences!