WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Hinton
Hinton,WV
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“45 Minutes Past Start Timdd”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

So, I have been taking my three year old to kid friendly movies for over a year but now I probably won't anymore. Today we arrived at 3:30pm for a 4:00 pm showing of the animated movie ''Frozen'' a line of about twenty people had already formed. We got seated at abt 3:45pm; 15 minutes until movie starts right? WRONG!! Try 45 minutes until opening previews!! Manager stated that they have to hold movie over as long as people are coming. Her exact words were, ''but we had 180 and if we had started it at 4pm (start time) they wouldn't have gotten to see it all.'' However, its fair that other people left early because no kid wants to sit for three hours. My three year old actually looked at me only thirty minutes into movie and said ''I wanna go home.'' This was ridiculous waiting this long. In no place that I have ever been have they made little kids wait this long.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Brittany C

Hinton,WV
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Kids Love It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I haven't been to the theater since I was a kid myself way before the renovations. I hadn't wanted to take my two year old until we passed the theater and she saw (Turbo) on the windows. So after I went home and thought it over I called and decided to take her. We went to a screening of Turbo at 4pm a few weekends ago and I am so glad that I did! She came home and called everybody to tell them about the "Movies" and the snail! She has been before to more commercial theaters but she really liked going to the Ritz.
Since she is two years old she was free and since the movie was before 6PM adults only have to pay $4. Kids over the age of two must pay $4. After 6PM then the cost of an adult is $6.
She got a snack pack as they call it with the cartoon character on the box, cup, and a little toy. Inside the box is enough popcorn to share with another person, a drink of their choice, and an airhead candy. The cost of this is $4. I have included a picture of the box she received when we went to view the movie "Planes."
The theater has been renovated and it doesn't seem creepy like it used to back in the day! lol Hence nothing looks tattered not the seats nor the curtains on the stage. All of the lighting works now too which I really like since I have a little one. The most awesome thing that I like about the new version of the theater is that they are playing two movies on the weekends and some on Mondays! I am glad that I chose to start taking the lil one to the theater; its a lot closer than Beckley plus she gets little souvenirs from the movie that we watched. I hope they keep that up!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Brittany C
Berea, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good Theater, Bad Films”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Ritz's historical significance is interesting and I love the old-timey feel to the place. However, many of the films are out on DVD by the time they hit the theater.

Visited December 2012
Hinton, West Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great theatre!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

What an asset to Hinton this theatre is. So glad it was renovated in
t he old style. The balcony and upstair area is great! Wow so glad the sound system was updated, such an improvement!! And first run movies too. You should advertise the movies at Concord University to get the college kids to come over.

Visited September 2012
Hinton, West Virginia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Treasure Place For All.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

One can have a great night out at this theatre and include the deli, half a block from the door. Great place.