Country Road Cabins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn New River(Fayetteville)
New River Inn(Oak Hill)
Econo Lodge(Summersville)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsthese cabinsnew river gorgehot tubalmost heavenfront porchsecluded cabinperfect weekendmin drivequick drivegas fireplacenearby attractionsprivate deckwest virginiathought of everythinggreat cabinlong weekendgreat hiking
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our family of 6 adults stayed very comfortably here. The final access road is very twisty, unlit, and only paved in a single lane down the center with wide gravel shoulders- so its a little scary, but not unlike many other roads in the area. The location was central to many of the area activities. groceries were easily obtained nearby- a Walmart Supercenter is only about 20 minutes away. We made use of both the grill & hot tub, and appreciated how MANY towels were provided! Amber at the reservations center also helped us reserve a zipline trip, and I was grateful for her advice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My niece is getting married a short distance from Country Road Cabins in August 2012. My husband and I will need a hotel for 4 nights during the time of the wedding. After reviewing many possible places to stay, we thought Country Road Cabins would be the perfect spot for our August stay. The reviews for Country Road are very good.

In April 2012, my sister, niece and I needed to visit this area to make wedding plans, so we decided to stay at Country Road for 1 night. This would give us an opportunity to see if this would be a good place for other family members to stay during the wedding weekend. When making my reservations for both visits, the people that i spoke to at Country Road were very helpful and friendly.

Our cabin was located near the back of the property. We were told that the key would be left outside the door of the cabin. In retrospect, this now feels very unsafe! In addition, there is a board at the entrance to the property that tells you exactly which cabins are occupied and by whom. We spent the daylight hours visiting wedding vendors and then arrived at the cabin before dark. We were very happy with the cabin. We left to go into Lansing for dinner. Upon returning, the fog was so thick that we had a significant amount of trouble driving on the final, single lane road to reach Country Cabins. In addition, there were no lights on the gravel road going back to our cabin. Because of this and the remote location of these cabins, I decided it was probably not the best choice for our wedding stay. Therefore, I called the next day to cancel our August reservation; i was canceling with 4 months notice. I was very surprised that the person I spoke to did not ask me why we were canceling or whether we were happy with our stay. There also was no indication verbally or in writing from Country Road previously that there would be a cancellation fee, yet they charged $25 to cancel for a visit that would not occur for another 4 months? Seriously? I think the cabins were great and very affordable but the service and certain operating policies of this site are questionable. I could not recommend it to other wedding guests.

Room Tip: Our cabin was lovely, spacious and comfortable. But, if you are concerned about being alone in the woods or driving in the fog/dark, you might want to choose a cabin closer to the road ;-)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed for 2 nights. The staff members were so helpful before we arrived and they are so sweet. We definitely needed a quiet break and that is exactly what we got. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Also, the cabin was very clean and it even had wireless internet. You don't need to bring anything with you. The staff can supply the food (if you let them know ahead of time), or there are some great menus available in the cabin. We are definitely going back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 2 nights at Country Road Cabins and are looking forward to returning soon!!!We didn't leave the cabin for anything, everything we needed and more was already there, encluding breakfast and a wonderful Steak dinner!!! We enjoy staying in cabins and have stayed in others in WV, VA and TN, but this was the best by far!!! Thanks to the staff for making our stay perfect!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

WE WILL BE BACK! The folks at the cabin were super nice and accomodating, making it a late check in easy. The cabin was spotless, comfortable, and well equipped. We went to New River Gorge almost on impulse. We wanted to get away for the weekend and wanted a cabin. I was so happy with the rate I got that we jumped on it and started the 2 1/2 drive as soon as my wife and I got off work. We arrived around 9:30pm to the lights and TV on almost welcoming us in. We stayed up a few hours planning our next day and had us some pizza from a nearby Gino's for dinner. We spent the entire next day running up trails, loading SD cards with pictures, and dining at some nice places. Exhausted we stopped by a nearby Foodland and picked up the steaks, potatoes, and corn on the cob. We fired up the grill and hot tob and soaked our aching muscles. A private deck afforded me the ability to relax for a bit and then get out to check on our steaks. After our delicious dinner we retired to the living room and watch a movie before climbing back in our comfy beds dreading the return home the next day. This trip was just what the doctor ordered and Country Road Cabins was the perfect place to set the stage for a dream weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple