“Neat”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
West Virginia
“Neat”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I stopped at The Hutte during our brief time in Helvetia. We were very impressed by the service we received. The Hutte only accepts cash and checks. Only our visit, I had neither cash nor checks. Instead of turning us away, the server allowed us to mail a check to them! I have never experienced that, and I doubt I ever will again. The restaurant decor fits Helvetia's history as a small Smiss community. Old pictures and heirlooms adorn the walls. As far as the food, my wife and I split a cheese plate and a peach cobbler. Both were tasty, but I hope to come back someday and explore the rest of the menu.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Mountaineer2015

Cameron, North Carolina
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is worth the drive. The best sour kraut I have ever had! We went for lunch and had sandwiches made on homemade bread with homemade applesauce on the side. Friendly atmosphere. We had the Swiss Cheese plate for the appetizer, yummy. Excellent dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Kathleen Karr M
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Off the beaten track”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is not a restaurant you will find unless you are truly looking for it or have been told about it.
I agree with Elaine K. We took her advice and went for Sunday Brunch. Buffet style service had many choices, all delicious. Staff was very friendly. It is situated in a picuresque town worth walking though. http://helvetiawv.com/

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank ElainePallister
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
“Great gem in WV”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Go for Sunday brunch. You will be amazed. Excellent food in an out of the way place. Great atmosphere and value. Every dish is a delight.

Visited October 2012
“mmmm mmmmm good”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My favorite place to eat , generous portions , the split pea soup is awesome and the peach cobbler for dessert is divine . I stayed up stairs one night in the hostel it was very pleasant we had the whole place to our self and breakfast was excellent the next mourning. This little community is a must see and experience to travelers , traveling through the area.

• Visited May 2012

Been to Helvetia Hutte Restaurant? Share your experiences!